Can and will Joe hurt Roy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melly-Mel View Post
    what do you think?
    I once slapped an ex girlfriend and she got hurt but I think Roy has a better chin the her...lmfao....lol

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
      I think you may be taking it out of context a little there. Roy is not a super human, he has normal ribs, and normal skin. Kesslers a very muscley fit young guy whom hasn't been hurt often either, to hurt him with one body shot near the liver shows Calzaghe could hurt most if not all guys in the same way if caught right. You can't expect to get hit on the liver the same pace, one fit guy in his prime is hurt, the next man nearly 40 is completely fine. Come on. Basic physics has to be factored in. It's definitely possible if he landed hard and accurate on a key spot. Likely, no, but possible.

Also, if ones saying hurt, ones not saying TKO or KO. Just hurt.
      I think Jones has always had a physique like few others in boxing. He is chisled beyond most guys in lower weight classes. I don't think he is supernatural or anything, especially in workrate or overall chin at the weight. One thing is certain though, he definitely is tighter than Kessler in the middle. I agree that anything can happen and he can be hurt to the body, but if Tito's direct and flush shots did'nt do the trick, I have a hard time believing that Calzaghe's wider, less powerful ones will phaze Roy. If Calzaghe does anything that will hurt Roy, it will be a series of head shots in combination over and over again. I don't think a single punch of any kind will do the trick. If a single, suprising punch changes the fight, it will have to be thrown by Jones, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
        I think you may be taking it out of context a little there. Roy is not a super human, he has normal ribs, and normal skin. Kesslers a very muscley fit young guy whom hasn't been hurt often either, to hurt him with one body shot near the liver shows Calzaghe could hurt most if not all guys in the same way if caught right. You can't expect to get hit on the liver the same pace, one fit guy in his prime is hurt, the next man nearly 40 is completely fine. Come on. Basic physics has to be factored in. It's definitely possible if he landed hard and accurate on a key spot. Likely, no, but possible.

Also, if ones saying hurt, ones not saying TKO or KO. Just hurt.
        Ddue some absorb punishment and have a higher thresh hold for pain in certain areas of their bodies. Ali took punches to the body that would have crippled most fighters. look at Ward Gatti I round 9 and the body shots that Gatti took. Then look at Hopkins ODLH and that one shot crippled ODLH. Jone can take body shots for real his chin is suspect but his mid section is always in tremendous shape 40 or 20 he is in great shape. he may not have the reflexes or hand speed like he used too but he is still pretty damn fast. if he worked on his guard and keeps his hands up picks off punches rather then keeping his hands low and trying to dodge them he can protect his chin. Joe can slap at him all he wants and Roy will counter Joe. I am not saying Joe can't win all I am saying is it is not going to be an easy fight for either of them. Joe's skapping ways are not going to hurt Roy. On the other hand if Roy lets his hands go he can hurt Joe.

Comment

Working...
        X