Collapse
No announcement yet.

The oldschool of boxing is overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 boxers came to mind while reading your post Joe louis Jersey Joe Walcott and Ezzard Charles thats pure sweet science and these boys could do 15 rounds no problem weekly if need be,all the technology strength and conditioning tools and shakes!! in todays world theres top guys getting tired in 10 rounders let alone 12 i dont know man i disagree with your opinion on the old boys or shall we say legends.

Comment

You lost me with your dismissal of Joe Frazier. None of today's heavyweights have head movement like his. Not even close. None of today's heavyweights would be able to handle him. Not even Wlad

Comment

I know you are a troll,but I'll bite.

Joe Frazier would beat the hell outta anyone today...As far as his resume, He has several very good wins.

Jerry lost to several great fighters. 2x to Frazier,2x to Ali,Kenny Norton,etc...He lost to some journeyman guy when he was like 90,but that was the only journeyman that ever beat Jerry.

Jerry Quarry was a damn good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
          Heavens, I've studied both and think that a welterweight match would be very interesting.

But I've not seen anything to make me think that Floyd would school Robinson. There were no flaws in Robinson's game. His speed, power, footwork, combination punching, chin, heart and workrate would make him a terrifying proposition for Mayweather.
          There was flaws in his game..... robinson got hit a lot, and from what I have seen from his middleweight days he is not the best fighter ever. There isn't any footage of him at WW so we don't know.

Comment

I agree. Old time great fighters like Ali, frasier, Leonard, Robinson, Jofre, Monzon could not hang with recent greats like Amir Khan, Wald, jean Pascal, Ross purrity, Marcos Maidana.

They are tooo good nowadays

Comment

golden age of boxing was the most corrupt. ive talked about this several times. people complain of robberies today?

people have no idea of the type of shameless robberies that were taking place when the italian mafia with frankie carbone ran boxing back then.

Arum looks like the dali lama compared to those guys back in the day.

Comment

The 160lb middleweights of today are way bigger than the 160lb middleweights 30 years ago. They can pack in more muscle, bone, etc into that 160lbs than the old 160lbs

160 new hotness vs old and busted 160 lbs
                moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                  The 160lb middleweights of today are way bigger than the 160lb middleweights 30 years ago. They can pack in more muscle, bone, etc into that 160lbs than the old 160lbs

160 new hotness vs old and busted 160 lbs
                  middleweights?

its the entire sport!

thank the 24 hr rehydration policy where featherweights weigh in as featheweights then come fight night they are welterweights.

welterweights come in fight night as junior middleweights etc. etc...

The sport has changed greatly yet old farts still think boxing is as untouched and remain the same as ever so that they can suck their favorite old school fighters c*ck and say they were much better than modern fighters.
                  moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
                    middleweights?

its the entire sport!

thank the 24 hr rehydration policy where featherweights weigh in as featheweights then come fight night they are welterweights.

welterweights come in fight night as junior middleweights etc. etc...

The sport has changed greatly yet old farts still think boxing is as untouched and remain the same as ever so that they can suck their favorite old school fighters c*ck and say they were much better than modern fighters.
                    A 'modern' fighter's 147lbs is WAY bigger than an older fighter's 147 pounds. Dont you see how diesel modern fighters are? Their pounds actually weigh more.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Keane View Post
                      There was flaws in his game..... robinson got hit a lot, and from what I have seen from his middleweight days he is not the best fighter ever. There isn't any footage of him at WW so we don't know.
                      In this footage of WW Robinson you will find many of his great tools/skills.. punch variation, jabs to the stomach, pivoting, counters, controlled aggression..

This is before Sugar Ray won the Welterweight title too.

By a minute mark you will see great glimpse of skill in Robinson. Floyd would be outmanned in the clinch against Robinson.

Comment

Working...
                      X