Collapse
No announcement yet.

Borderlands 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone here played the 'Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt' DLC yet?

I still need to get around to Mr. Torgue's, myself. But I'll have enough MS points after that to buy a few more DLCs, and I wanted impressions.

Comment

• So I finished the story missions in the Torgue DLC today - Some pretty hilarious stuff in there for fans of the humor. 'Mr. Torgue' has me cracking up several times throughout the playthrough, but I've only got one question for you?

EXPLOSIONS?

I noticed that my title updated to include the achievements for the Sir Hammerlock DLC, but I'm kinda disappointed in the way Gearbox has done the DLC achievements here. In the first Borderlands they split they up pretty well and offered a wide variety of things to do to get them, but here each DLC just consists of 3 standard achievements a piece : Finish the storyline mission, complete all side missions, and discover all areas. The only exception being the 'obsessed' achievement that comes in the Torgue DLC.

I still haven't gotten vermivorous to spawn yet, either. Any of you ****s having luck with him? I want those damn class mods!

Comment

• One thing that I also want to touch on that really pisses me off about this game is Gearbox's actions post-release.

Why do patches like nerf'ing items and making bosses twice as tough when you're not going to fix the most obvious problem - Vermivorous' spawn rate? That seems like the move of a bunch of ****ing idiots to me : You patch your game after release because a couple of whiney p*ssies on your forums complained about the weapons being overpowered, yet you completely overlook the thousands of other fans on your forum complaining that they still haven't even seen Vermivorous yet?

WTF kind of sense does that make?

Ontop of that, even if you're lucky enough to get Vermivorous to spawn (and I haven't been in at least 10 hours of trying and dying), his drop rate is absolutely pathetic. So it's entirely likely that you'll spend countless hours trying to get him to show up, then rejoice when he does, only to be frustrated all over again when you kill him and he doesn't drop anything worth picking up.

Why put a super raid boss in your game and then make the player's chances of encountering him so dreadfully low? Ontop of that, why gift him with a few legendary items and then make his chances of dropping them even lower than his chances of spawning? Wouldn't you want to reward players who were lucky enough to have been graced by his presence?

It's ****ing infuriating.

Comment

• Bringer, Red Dead Redemption. Now. Do it.

Comment

• Went back to the first Borderlands for some trophies, and am playing playthrough 2 for the first time.

All I have to say is that I lumping hate skags.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Went back to the first Borderlands for some trophies, and am playing playthrough 2 for the first time.

Killing skags with melee attacks is fun, especially when they jump you. Bad ass skags is a different story though.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                Bringer, Red Dead Redemption. Now. Do it.
                Still haven't gotten around to it.

Or Skyrim. Which has been sitting in my collection for like 8 months now.

Once I completely finish BL2 I'll be moving on to those two.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Went back to the first Borderlands for some trophies, and am playing playthrough 2 for the first time.

'Moe' and 'Marley' were such a pain in the ass for me in playthrough 2 solo.

Comment

• I've decided to skip Vermivorous altogether.

I'm going to try to farm chests and vending machines for the legendary class mods, which I'm sure will take ****ing forever, but I can open thousands of chests and visit thousands of vending machines in the time it would take me to ever even see Vermivorous, let alone get something from him.

So my plan is just to spawn into sanctuary and check Zed's vending machine for the item of the day for the legendary class mods, as they have a very low chance of appearing there. Then I'll save and exit when it's not there and do it again. And again. And again. And again.

Same thing for chest farming. There's a weapons chest near the spawn in point in both the arid nexus boneyard and tundra express.

Comment

• I finally had luck in getting Vermivorous to show up today, but he didn't drop a single ****ing thing of note. Mostly just eridium, cash, and an assload of stupid white weapons.

The size of that mother****er cannot possibly be overstated : I was in the farmhouse in tundra express and he was at least twice the size of the house itself. When he'd walk around outside of it trying to target me his legs would come through the roof and even they were taller than the house itself.

Comment

Working...
                      X