Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins Dominates Kelly Pavlik in a Classic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pavlik is a plain basic vanilla str8 up and down fighter with no special effx! You cant deal with the cagey top guys like that. Bhop totally took away his right hand and he had no plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
      Kelly shouldnt of taken this fight. I thought Bhop would of slowed down in the later rounds but he stuck with it from the opening bell. It was an upset for Pavlik. I wonder what the outcome would of been if THIS Bhop came out in the Calzaghe fight....
      Hey he got 3 million dollars, a part of the PPV, didn't loose his middleweight championship, and got a boxing lesson I think he came out on top.

Comment

Maybe easier than I had thought. Time for someone by the nick of mellow_mood to man up and pay up 10K. Next up, Roy over Joe Then...not sure who I'd take with Bernard vs Roy...

Comment

Totally agree. I couldn't say it any better.

Originally posted by Hitman88 View Post
          There's no other way to say it. Time & again, this man has defied the odds (regardless of his age at the time) whenever the deck has been stacked against him. Aside from his fight back in '93 against roy, no other fighter has been able to defeat him soundly whether it was calzaghe or taylor. I want all the anti-hopkins onlookers to recognize the man's greatness (it is what it is). From the casual fan to the so called expert, no one gave B-hop a credible chance to actually win this fight. Not only did he win but he took the 26yr old undefeated k-o artist to school. Everybody knows what hopkins brings to the table. He's going to maul you (occassionally foul you if need be) & rough you up old school style. Hopkins is a defensive gem & a throwback fighter to the core. Perhaps. team pavlick should have watched more film & did their homework as well. He's one of those rare fighters whose discipline & self-absorbency of his own greatness consumes him. When the odds are heavily stacked against him, he performs at his best. He said he was going to take pavlick's strengths & convert them to weaknesses & that's exactly what he did. All this "Im going to throw 100 punches per rd -ish that team pavlick was talking about ended up being null & void. You can throw all the punches you want but if you're not landing soundly..you're only expending unnecessary energy. Everybody just needs to give Hopkins his props & stop hating on dude. He won a UD against a fighter who's the MW king & 17 yrs his junior in the prime of his career. You're looking at a future HOF'er and living legend at work here. Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Fulcrum29 View Post
            This Man Is The Greatest That Ever Lived. He Is The Greatest That Ever Walked The Earth!!!!

Bow Down All You Powder Lovin Moby Mother****ers Your Boy Aint **** He Got Straight Prison Rayped!!!!!!
            uh,,hopkins has still lost 3 out of his last 6 fights. pavlick just got exposed or 170 was too much for him. pavlick has still done something hopkins couldnt. beating jt twice

Comment

Eating my words , yuk !!!!!!!!!!

OH WOE IS ME !!!!!!!!!!!! Smiles, I am eating my words !!!!!!! WOE IS ME !!!!!!!! My mang didn't make it , he got whooped bad , real bad !!!!!!

Whewwwwwwwwww !!! It tastes real bad !!!!!!!!! Can't say a thang , what I can't !!!!!

My main mang, Good ole Rocky Marciano is THE ONLY ONE WHO WAS NEVER DENIED !!!!!!!!!! 49 AND 0, 43 KO'S NEVER TASTED DEFEAT!

My old daddy told me there ain't a horse that ain't never been rode and there ain't a man that can't be whipped ! No doubt that is so true! No doubt Rocky would have gotten his but that man wasn't around .

URPPPPPPPPPP,,,,,,ut oh, got to hunt for the puke bag, its bad URPPPPPP,,,,,,, puke bag , Got to go lay down, whewwwwwwwww bad taste after pukin ,

Got to get up Kelly , when you get knocked down you got to get up and keep swinging.

We'll see , if he gets back on the nice horse, if he is a real bulldog he will.

Arcticfalconer ,,,,,,,,,,,,URRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Unbelievable!

I have never been a fan of Hopkins but I have never doubted his skill and talent. I went into this fight routing for Pavlik and believed he'd win by late stoppage or by points. I was totally blown away by two things tonight.

1) Hopkins turned in an all time great performance and showed that he is still a better fighter than most others. As much as I dislike B-Hop he impressed the hell out of me tonight and if so long as he fights at that level I will look forward to seeing him fight again.

2) Pavlik didn't even show up tonight. He was slow, sluggish, didn't throw, and seemed like he left his heart in the dressing room. Why this happened who knows.

Was I the only one who saw that look of resignation, fear, confusion, and embarrassment on Pavlik's face after the final bell? That face told the story. I think this is one of those loses that changes a fighter for the worse. Pavlik won't be the same. Pavlik lost more than the fight tonight that's for sure.

Comment

Pavlik is not over-rated hes a beast. B-Hop is just a monster and legend.

Calzghe is a god lol

Comment

I wasn't suprised! In fact some people was callin' me cocky

how many right hands did Pavlik land? some people even went as far as to say B-Hop would quit on the stool I forgive you clowns for wishful thinkin'! next time put logic into ya predictions

Comment

Unfortunantely for Pavlik and his supporters he had no bag of tricks like he stated lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X