Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

amir khan wont fight brook 'cause no respect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the end of the day Khan is just scared stiff of losing to Brook. He's not necessarily scared to fight him, but losing to him would be the worst blow of his career due to how big the fight will be. If he had lost to Mayweather or Pac, so what. But imagine losing to Brook, your rival countryman on a MASSIVE stage probably at Wembley. He would be finished in the eyes of the public and Brook would be the golden boy. By not fighting him he can still raise that doubt and argument that he's better without needing to prove it, he knows plenty will side with him.

He could go and lose to a bum and it still wouldn't be as bad as loosing to Brook because that fight will have the casual fans and general public who all know Khan's name tuning in.

That's why there's a massive doubt this fight happens. The only way Khan fights is if he gets an insane amount of money and in reality it's his biggest payday out there but he'll want to be paid even more handsomely incase he gets flattened on such a big stage. I'm sure he believes he might be able to win, but he obviously has a big doubt about it too.

I always felt this is the case if Floyd and Manny. I don't think either guy was scared to physically be in the ring with the other guy, but losing an event on that scale with the world watching after years of talk of who's the best is a huge blow.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      At the end of the day Khan is just scared stiff of losing to Brook. He's not necessarily scared to fight him, but losing to him would be the worst blow of his career due to how big the fight will be. If he had lost to Mayweather or Pac, so what. But imagine losing to Brook, your rival countryman on a MASSIVE stage probably at Wembley. He would be finished in the eyes of the public and Brook would be the golden boy. By not fighting him he can still raise that doubt and argument that he's better without needing to prove it, he knows plenty will side with him.

He could go and lose to a bum and it still wouldn't be as bad as loosing to Brook because that fight will have the casual fans and general public who all know Khan's name tuning in.

That's why there's a massive doubt this fight happens. The only way Khan fights is if he gets an insane amount of money and in reality it's his biggest payday out there but he'll want to be paid even more handsomely incase he gets flattened on such a big stage. I'm sure he believes he might be able to win, but he obviously has a big doubt about it too.

I always felt this is the case if Floyd and Manny. I don't think either guy was scared to physically be in the ring with the other guy, but losing an event on that scale with the world watching after years of talk of who's the best is a huge blow.
      So basically the Same reasons as Ricky Hatton when refused to fight Witter.

Comment

Originally posted by Invictas View Post
        The Videos more then a year old.. Before Khan fought Alexander you can see the £30,000 trunks that Khan wore for the Alexander Fight on Display.

Khan is probably gonna fight Lamont Peterson or Danny Garcia if he beats Gurrrero next.
        Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
        Is that a recent video? Khan is irrelevant

OH.. sorry guys i didnt know it was more than a year old. i guess the situations mustve been a little different.
        but still, to say that sorta ****.. meh.

Comment

Khan is shook, nothing new here. He should face Ward, I heard he is looking for an opponent and that Khan wrecked him in sparring; sounds like a ready-made "mega fight"

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
            OH.. sorry guys i didnt know it was more than a year old. i guess the situations mustve been a little different.
            but still, to say that sorta ****.. meh.
            To be fair at the time Eddie Hearn was constantly and relentlessly using social media to talk crap about Khan and Kell was just following his promoters strategy in trying to goad Khan into a fight.

Kell Brook is the best Welterweight in the world...He needs to find a Management promotion team who are going to let him prove it.

His present Team are not willing to promote Kell Brook instead they just want to feed of Khans name.

Kell is the Champion he needs to create his own path. Other then trying to leap frog unsuccessfully by chasing Khan, his promoters need to have an alternative plan, and spend money in Marketing Kell Brook to the British Public.

Comment

Originally posted by Invictas View Post
              When Tony Sibson refused to give Herol Graham a payday, and when Ricky Hatton refused to give a pay day to Junior Witter for disrespecting him. The Common denominator for Herol Graham, Junior Witter, and Kell Brook is that they are all from the Ingle gym in Sheffield England.

I think real problem is Kell Brook has a rubbish promoter in Eddie Hearn who cant deliver the big fights. Its time for Kell Brook to sign with Top Rank or Al Haymon. Other wise he is gonna end up with a career like Junior Witter.
              Eddie Hearn was at the center of almost every big boxing event that happened in the UK in the last 2/3 years .
              Khan doesn't want the fight, a change of promoter wont change that .

Comment

Amir Khan is a straight up b1tch. You don't get to scrape past Chris Algieri and then act like a diva towards someone offering you your first title fight in like 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                  It's funny watching that

he begged for a Floyd fight for 2 years, Wearing a Floyd mask , calling up Fliyd Sr bad mouthed Mayweather any chance he could but Kell doesn't get the fight because Of doing less of that then he did yeah makes sense
                  Maybe thats his takeaway logic from not getting the Mayweather fight. He wasn't respectful enough to get the Floyd fight & now cats gotta show him respect to get a fight with him.

Comment

But he talked himself out of a fight doe.

Thats what all you chumps said about Khan against Floyd. I guess Brook talked himself out of a fight too.

Back to fighting Frankie Gavin and Jo Jo Dan level opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by paypayvay View Post
                      Eddie Hearn was at the center of almost every big boxing event that happened in the UK in the last 2/3 years .
                      Khan doesn't want the fight, a change of promoter wont change that .
                      Kell Brooks career has just stagnated under Hearn Kell should be a Multi-millionaire and massive star by now.

Welterweight is a stacked division, there are plenty of big names why has Hearn failed to secure a big fight and a big name for Brook. Instead of begging Khan for a fight Eddie Hearn needs to go out there and properly promote Kell Brook get him the fights against the other big names in the division.

Why is he not putting the same marketing muscle behind Kell brook like his other fighters such as Anthony Joshua and Carl Froch.

Kell Brook is at his peak right now and he needs a promoter who is willing to pay the big bucks to deliver the fights for him.

The closest Eddie Hearn came to delivering a name opponent was Brandan Rios and he managed to mess that up as well.
                      Last edited by Invictas; 01-03-2016, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X