Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right to Work Laws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a corporations are people kind of guy, per se. Regardless, it isn't the governments job to step in to this at all, and that isn't even the reason I started this thread. One minute we're protecting the citizens from "corporate greed," next we're providing personal safety bubbles for everyone. The only organization that is responsible for these kinds of things are unions. The decision that needs to be made is whether or not it's right for unions to force all employees of a particular company into paying their fees with the aid of government legislation.

Comment

each individual should have the right to negotiate with their employer how they see fit. a job is no different than any other transaction, the worker is selling his labor to the employer for the agreed price (wage)...

Comment

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
        rockin, tell me this...

if things are THAT bad w/o unions, why wouldnt there be a competing business opening up that would treat workers fair, since there's apparently a surplus of workers willing to leave such hostile conditions...

why is it that these people dont invest in themselves or their future and become and entrepreneur or similar...

nobody is FORCING them to work for ONE company ONLY.... FOREVER!
        I worked with the Detroit Carpenters Union, we made some incredible things.

The non-union companies companies pay under the table, saving themselves money by finding some dreamy eyed idiot to work for $14 an hour under the table with no bennies, while working uninsured by his employer, the fool thinks that he's making out.

Nobody in the Union is forced to work for only one company in his life. This simple over sight shows your ignorance to the subject. After graduation, if I chose I could have gone out to Vegas where it was booming. I could go to California to work in HollyWood fabricating settings and such. I could have gone any where to work with any other Union company that I liked, anywhere.

The Union is the people for the people. In the Corporate picture you are nothing but work mules. You mean nothing, are worth nothing and they won't be shy in letting you know this, especially come pay day.

DO NOT LET OUR UNIONS DIE!!! If you do then we, as American workers, will have to stand to fight for the rights that you are giving away more day by day. We may be down with the economy but we are not out. As America became fat and complacent they let their rights slip away from them. Taken by corporate for corporate.

We the people, in order to form a more perfect Union........

In the future it will be revised just as our constitution has been recently, it will read...

We the Corporation, in order to form a more productive work force.

How much do you believe they will be paying for more production out of it's work force once the Unions are gone. Don't give away that for which much blood was spilled just to attain, That being a safe place to work, a wage from which you can live on and a gaurantee of your well being through life in exchange for your lifes work............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
          each individual should have the right to negotiate with their employer how they see fit.
          yes they should, too bad in a society with a job deficit negotiations consist of either taking what the employer offers or not getting the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
            I worked with the Detroit Carpenters Union, we made some incredible things.

The non-union companies companies pay under the table, saving themselves money by finding some dreamy eyed idiot to work for $14 an hour under the table with no bennies, while working uninsured by his employer, the fool thinks that he's making out.

Nobody in the Union is forced to work for one company in his life. After graduation, if I chose I could have gone out to Vegas where it was booming. I could go to California to work in HollyWood fabricating settings and such. I could have gone any where to work with any other Union company that I liked, anywhere.

The Union is the people for the people. In the Corporate picture you are nothing but work mules. You mean nothing, are worth nothing and they won't be shy in letting you know this, especially come pay day.

DO NOT LET OUR UNIONS DIE!!! If you do then we, as American workers, will have to stand to fight for the rights that you are giving away more day by day. We may be down with the economy but we are not out. As America became fat and complacent they let their rights slip away from them. Taken by corporate for corporate.

We the people, in order to form a more perfect Union........

In the future it will be revised just as our constitution has been recently, it will read...

We the Corporation, in order to form a more productive work force.

How much do you believe they will be paying for more production out of it's work force once the Unions are gone. Don't give away that for which much blood was spilled just to attain, That being a safe place to work, a wage from which you can live on and a gaurantee of your well being through life in exchange for your lifes work............Rockin'
            rockin i grew up in Union America in an all pro-union house.

i'll gladly watch the unions die, it cant happen soon enough..............

Comment

Alright, i think that's enough for now. Some malnourished guy is getting out of line at the sweatshop, time to discipline him.

Be back later.

Comment

Originally posted by One Capitalist View Post
                Alright, i think that's enough for now. a few employes are starting to ask about getting time and a half for over time so i have to go get some pizza for them and hope they forget about it. i already work them 50 hours a week at min wage, there's no way im paying them time and a half for 10 of those hours each week.

Be back later.
                talk to you later.

Comment

Just another guy who thinks people owe him a job..

*golfclaps*
                  still waiting on how raising tariffs helps Private car companies.
                  I have never believed that anybody ever owed me a job. I did however know that when I would get work that I wa being paid fairly, treated fairly and we worked in safe enviornments as professionals.

So no, I am not owed a job, but when I do work I would like to be compensated justly.

I said foreign car companies, not privately owned.

I'm not a corporations are people kind of guy, per se. Regardless, it isn't the governments job to step in to this at all, and that isn't even the reason I started this thread. One minute we're protecting the citizens from "corporate greed," next we're providing personal safety bubbles for everyone. The only organization that is responsible for these kinds of things are unions. The decision that needs to be made is whether or not it's right for unions to force all employees of a particular company into paying their fees with the aid of government legislation.
                  If it is a Union funded job than every man should have his card. It's soooo funny how you guys rip on "the union fees". Those fees pale in comparison. Hell, I would have gladly paid those fees at the other jobs that I worked. Just having the peace of mind that you know that you are being taken care of and are earning what could be considered a living. At just about any non union job you're going to get f^cked.........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    I have never believed that anybody ever owed me a job. I did however know that when I would get work that I wa being paid fairly, treated fairly and we worked in safe enviornments as professionals.

So no, I am not owed a job, but when I do work I would like to be compensated justly.

I said foreign car companies, not privately owned.

YOU SAID, U.S. Auto industry would be helped by taxing (tariffs if you didn't know) foreign companies exports to us.

So how does taxing foreign companies for exporting their stuff to us, help the auto industry? You want a trade war? Not only would that hurt the U.S. consumer with higher prices, but eventually U.S. economy with Americans making and buying their own stuff, instead of sending it off to some other country, and making a profit.

The Unions are the problem and being "paid fairly" is subjective. Who's to say what's fair. But as I said, If you have so little worth as an employee that you need a union to hide behind then I can understand your POV.

Comment

Originally posted by ALT Liquor
                      Paid fairly is not subjective. The people running those companies make a lot more money than the pay the workers even when they're unionized.

I'm sure they don't think profit is subjective.
                      Wrong premise leads to wrong conclusions. The company and the resources are theirs, whatever revenue they generate is theirs. You are entitled to a fixed amount per your skill set. If you don't think it's "fair" you can leave and take your abilities somewhere else if you think they're worth more (question is are they?), and they keep generating profits regardless with someone else taking your place.

But again, what is fair?

Comment

Working...
                      X