Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Naazim: Cloud’s a Good Kid, Hopkins is Too Much For Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=ИATAS;12869949]Stylistically, of course Cloud is perfect for Hopkins but at this age you never know..Hopkins can see everything and anticipate everything but his body may not be able to react fast enough. QUOTE]Thats a fair observation. I can take anything but having to witness Bhop being knocked out....I damn sure hope Hopkins retires before that happens. I just want to hear the final 12 round bell. If Hopkins gets really hurt, that is going to stay with me a long time. That kind of sad doesn't go away fast. I hope it goes the distance and Hopkins does not take any huge punishment. What a feat if he wins though.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      We've been seeing "Nard" get stopped since 2001 when he was 35 and "Too Old". People need to accept that Hopkins is just a legend. You don't realize what you are watching right now, when he retires it'll hit you like "Oh sh-t, when the f-ck will I see a guy like that again?".

2001: Trinidad is going to knock Hopkins out[Trinidad got outboxed and got his 0 taken from him].

2005: Taylor will be too young and too active for Hopkins[close fight].

2006: Antonio Tarver[175 Ring Champion; Hopkins first fight at 175] will be too big, too powerful, Hopkins is getting killed. He needs to retire[Hopkins was 40 years old]. Tarver gets schooled.

2007: Winky Wright was favored to beat Hopkins[close fight, Hopkins won].

2008: Calzaghe was listed as -275 favorite. Decision was debatable, I thought Calzaghe won and Hopkins looked his 43 year old age.

2008: "Pavlik is going to kill Hopkins", Roach: Hopkins should retire, he's going to get seriously hurt by Pavlik. Pavlik was the overwhelming favorite among betting odds and boxing experts. The majority of predictions was Pavlik by KO/TKO. Hopkins schooled Pavlik and took his 0.

2010: Pascal -300 favorite to beat Hopkins. "Has the 23 years of boxing mileage finally taken its toll, and is Pascal really the fighter to send the ageless wonder into retirement?"[SBRForum].

2012: Dawson favored. Close fight but clear. This fight marked Hopkins' first clear loss since losing to Roy Jones in 1993.

2013: Cloud has about as much of a chance as Pavlik, at beating Hopkins. I expect people to know by now that Hopkins should be favored in most of his fights, especially against a style like this. After 11 years of being the underdog, people don't learn that it's actually Hopkins' opponents who are the underdog, even at 47/48 years old and being outweighed/fighting way younger top fighters.
      green for you sir

B.Hop is all-time fav...my ace!!....but the oldman is a crazy dude...this is a VERY dangerous fight

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
        will there be random testing?
        I'm sure the commission will do it's job. But what are you implying?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Father time is nothing to be played with. Like I said I love B-Hop, but he's no spring chicken & IMO Cloud still has the great equalizer in droves. How much punishment can a 50 year old chin stand up to bro??
          I want to say that Cloud is too tough for the old man, he should be thats for sure..... i want to say that its time for Hopkins to hang em up..... I want to say naaah, surely he couldnt do it, again.... but I cant.

Cloud by.....

..... nah, forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            What the hell is wrong with you? Perhaps boxing isn't the right sport for you to follow if it offends your dainty sensibilities.

Or is it that you are a closet racist and can't resist the urge to disrespect any black boxer or trainer? Judging from a lot of your comments that would be my guess.

good call, edgarg is a proper twat

Comment

Originally posted by TartanSoldier View Post
              I can't get the Campillo fight out of my head.

This one will be close in my opinion. Clouds higher activity and better physical attributes should overcome Hopkins' guile at times, but Hopkins is obviously smart enough to tag Cloud a lot in the same way Campillo did.

I predict a very hard to score fight, with half the rounds being neck and neck.
              Yeah, eventually age catches up to everyone. This isn't a 39 year old Marquez going against a 33 year old Pac. This is a 48 year old Hopkins against a prime, still hungry 31 year old just coming off a bad fight, which will make him feel he has to redeem himself. Not the best time for BHop in my opinion.

I have a feeling he will lose this one and it might be the first clear loss in some time. It will be a year since his last fight, and it's impossible to keep going at the elite level forever. Impossible. Ageing is the one certainty in life.

I've said that in the past though. If Hopkins comes in looking still ok, then he will beat Cloud. As long as he doesn't take any right hands early on before warming up, he should figure him out quick enough.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                This is the very first David interview which I regard as poor. It was not his fault, he is an excellent reporter and interviewer. But the two legged belly just had nothing to say other than a collectiion of vulgarities.
                Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                What the hell is wrong with you? Perhaps boxing isn't the right sport for you to follow if it offends your dainty sensibilities.

Or is it that you are a closet racist and can't resist the urge to disrespect any black boxer or trainer? Judging from a lot of your comments that would be my guess.
                I think it has something more to do with him just being a moron.

That and his weird obsequiousness toward TR and Arum. Could be a fetish for crusty, old men. Really don't know.

Comment

BHop threw like 5 punches in his last fight, you're not beating anyone throwing less punches than there are rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    BHop threw like 5 punches in his last fight, you're not beating anyone throwing less punches than there are rounds.
                    Chad is a younger also defensive boxer, Cloud will give B-hop many more countering opportunities Dawson didn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X