Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Felix Sturm Suddenly Decided He Is Willing To Fight Arthur Abraham?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melly-Mel View Post
    sturm is a very good boxer actually. his chin may be his problem. if he could take arthurs shots though he may get a decision, since aa is so low in the work rate dept. if he can't take arthur's shots sturm get's ktfo!
    exactly what I'm thinking. Sturm has a good jab and he's a pretty good boxer. I just dont believe he can take AA shots. No way IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryherbert View Post
      Now he says he wants to fight Arthur Abraham

Sturm has already turned down 1.5 Million Euros to fight Abraham, would have been the biggest payday of his career

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=13464

a clear duck, Sturm didnt even respond, there was not a word, he was silent

Now He Supposedly Wants To Fight Abraham

Why? Because he Knows Abraham is having alot of trouble making weight

this fight will maybe not happen for several reasons

Sturm doesnt really want to fight Abraham,

Arthur will not be able to make 160 anymore

it is also possible Sturm hopes Arthur is extremly Drained and thats why he has interest now

why didnt he respond to the first offer months ago? now Arthur is having alot of difficulty making weight he wants the fight?
      I said this right after he won. Sebastian was a tough legitimate contender and Sturm handled him easily. Felix knows his opponents lately have not been up to par, so a good win over Sebastian would send his confidence way up.

I also said then, give it a couple days and he will call out Abraham, and he did just that.

Comment

Pavlik isn't going to fight Abraham for a while though. He's going to take at least two fights to rebuild himself and the fight could conceivably happen late 09, early 2010. Why not fight Sturm if he changes his mind? He is the only other relevant opponent.

Comment

Sometimes I ask myself how many rounds Sturm could go with Abraham.
          I mean, Abraham needed 12 rounds for Elvin Ayala and 11 rounds for Khoren Gevor, will he train more seriously against Sturm? How does the weight problem effect him.
          Sturm outpoints him till he gets koed, if he gets koed and which round?

Comment

This fight will happen next here's why:

1: Pavlik wants a confidencebuilder next. No AA or Sturm
            2: Sturm vs. Abraham is the biggest fight (yes it is) at MW ATM. Germany is crazy for this fight. And Germany is the second biggest market in the world.
            3: The offer for this fight has increased from 1.5 million euros to 2.5 million. It will probably be bigger.
            4: AA cannot make 160 much longer.
            5: With this kind of money the promotors and broadcaster WILL come to terms. This will be the biggest blockbuster in german boxing history.

As for the posters claiming that this fight is about Sturms ability to take the Abrahammer: Forget it. Nobody at 160 can do that. But if anybody can avoid it for 12 rounds it is Felix Sturm.

Comment

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post

2: Sturm vs. Abraham is the biggest fight (yes it is) at MW ATM. Germany is crazy for this fight. And Germany is the second biggest market in the world.
              3: The offer for this fight has increased from 1.5 million euros to 2.5 million. It will probably be bigger.
              5: With this kind of money the promotors and broadcaster WILL come to terms. This will be the biggest blockbuster in german boxing history.

As for the posters claiming that this fight is about Sturms ability to take the Abrahammer: Forget it. Nobody at 160 can do that. But if anybody can avoid it for 12 rounds it is Felix Sturm.
              Love your posts Bat, insigthful, funny and to the point, one of the best poster on boxingscene, KEEP IT UP!

Comment

great post Bat

it is a fight i want to see definately

i just dont like the way now that Arthur is struggling to make weight Sturm wants it

maybe that is not why but if that is why it seems a bit cowardly to me

Question for you Bat. Who is more popular in Germany and who do you think would get the bigger split?

another quick one

do you think Sturm rejected the fight before because he thought he could get more money from it after a while or is it that didnt want to fight Abraham?

Comment

great post.A A can't win Sturm by points,so he have to knock Sturm out.but Sturm has great jab and good defence.this is a fight I really would love to see,it will be interesting.and I would pick the winner of this fight beat Pavlik also

Comment

Originally posted by hungryherbert View Post
                    great post Bat

it is a fight i want to see definately

i just dont like the way now that Arthur is struggling to make weight Sturm wants it

maybe that is not why but if that is why it seems a bit cowardly to me

Question for you Bat. Who is more popular in Germany and who do you think would get the bigger split?

another quick one

do you think Sturm rejected the fight before because he thought he could get more money from it after a while or is it that didnt want to fight Abraham?
                    Thanks herb.

I'm afraid I'm gonna let you down a little. I really cannot tell who's the more popular fighter in Germany. I think you'd have to be native to know for sure. I do know that they both ARE popular. But I would think it would be Abraham. For a better reply you can hope that Zerwas or another german responds.

As for the second question I dont really know. A lot of things can go wrong in negotiations. Securing a big fight with high stakes is a political nightmare. So it's probably the negotiations that got wrong. Either that or perhaps Sturm needed some confidence by beating a good fighter after the Castillejo defeat. Now he did just that and maybe now he feels he's ready for AA. He likely feels a little urgency as well as this fight has to happen now for the reasons stated in my earlier post.

Comment

Man, you guys are ****ting yourself for nothing. AA clocks out sturm cause Sturm likes to cover up or fight pretty and his chin and punch are garbage, well, at least in comparison to AA.

Like I said in another post, Marquez has a better chance at winning than Sturm has.

Comment

Working...
                      X