Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Kovalev stops Bernard, I dont want to hear any "He's old" excuses.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Only damn way he won. This old ass man took the beast twelve rounds and laughed at his punches all along the way........SMH.

He didn't look like he was laughing most of the time.

Then when he did his clowning thing he got beaten up worse.

He does have a beard though. No denying that.

Comment

• even though hopkins lost he won

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        What a performance from Kovalev
        A fighter who can score like that from the outside against Hopkins is a problem for anyone. Especially when he can punch as well.

Comment

• Yes. He's old. What scares me is how he was able to rock Kovalev's bell several times.

Comment

• Thos eexcuses are being used of course. Came across this on a boxing news site

"S Tyrone Ingram OonkaSymeon · Top Commenter · "The Kingpin" Oonka Symeon CD: Together ft. Camille Green and CRG at Reggae artist
            Hopkins showed up "old" in this fight and lost just like I said he would but. ...he has nothing at all to be ashamed of at all. And what we still need to keep in mind is that Bernard Hopkins is 49 years old and was 10 years past the age that most fighter are either retired, on a losing streak and no longer at a world class level. Or fighting because they had to make a comeback because they needed the money. ..none of this applied to Bernard Hopkins. Also: a 35 year old Hopkins would've knocked Kovolev out or would've beat him convincingly. Nuff Said"

And then..

"I think he did actually take Sergey Kovolev to school in that he extended him the distance and snapped his knockout streak. ...and also exposed a few "flaws" in Kovolev's style ..but I have a lot more respect for Kovolev, now"

Comment

• ^^^^ rofl ^^

Comment

• All from the one guy in one thread

"If Hopkins wins convincingly (which he likely will), I hope it forces people to evaluate the caliber of Kovalev and maybe stop hyping some of these guys up. FYI -- look at his resume. Nothing he's done should elevate anyone to top 5 p4p status."

"Can someone explain to me who Kovalev has beaten again?

Ahh boxing fans. Fall for the same thing each time."

"Let's say decent; I'd say "alright" though. This doesn't spring anyone into the top 5 p4p IMO.

The only intrigue to this fight is if Hopkins looks his age. Because other then that, Kovalev is tailor made for him. I mean you couldn't have drawn up a better opponent for Hopkins to look dominant against."

"I think Antonio Tarver can cut off a ring better and has better power than Kovalev. There is nothing Kovalev will bring that Hopkins hasn't seen before. And I guarantee there will be more than a few people who end up screaming at their screens Saturday night, wondering why Kovalev isn't throwing punches."

"Yeah man, I'm not really bowled over by what Hopkins is doing because the opponents really aren't that good. I hate to say it but it's true. Like the last guy he fought. They're doing the same thing here again and boy have they found a sweet victim in Kovalev. You're right though it's perception and age factor. And they're milking it."

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...9#post15070809

We're so lucky we have these guys here to school us.

Comment

Working...
                X