Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's be honest here, GGG is the greatest MW of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. Golovkin has shown the greatest amount of cowardice in middleweight history.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Harry Greb, Carlos Monzon and Marvin Hagler are the top three.

Golovkin in ability is up there with them, but he needs a couple of good wins to move into the top ten.
      This is silly. You haven't even seen film of Harry Greb fighting, how do you know that he is anywhere close to Golovkin in ability? Just because old American historians say so?

Greb's reputation is based mostly on myth and legend. Whereas we can see what GGG does to Dominic Wade and Wille Monroe Jr with our own eyes.

Comment

"Isn't that how it goes"?.....................

I think your point has some validity but with GGG I need to see more!
        I actually think he fights to his competitions level and I don't like that!
        His proving ground is Canelo because the kid is a good boxer! However it's time for Canelo to be tested also. Hopefully the promotion teams let them fight in 2017 and they pray it's a good close fight so the money triples up! $$$ GGG

I like what I see but I see decline coming sooner than not! He has flaws but no opponents as yet to try and capitalize on them. I think he is a tough guy and would go out on his shield if need be, most punchers are like that.

I hope he stays at middleweight because that is who he is. The people who cry for fighters to "move up" don't know squat. They see all these midgets from 140 to 154 move around and think it's a normal progression.

Fighters move up when they mature and simply can't make weight anymore.
        Guys like Armstrong took on other weight class champs because they could hold the weight well and brought their power with them.

GGG at 175 could never be effective at 180 but his opponents would be 190 fight night!
        He might have two good years left but at his size and weight and all the amateur bouts I think he peters out pretty soon.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
          Those guys would get put out to sleep in a few rounds.
          Hopkins would lose via wide UD
          We will never know because Golovkin would never fight Hopkins. He would rather fight Dominic Wade.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            No, GGG is the greatest middleweight who ever lived.
            The proof and evidence is in the fact that people are asking him to move upo without having to fight nelo, bjs or Jacobs. GGG wants to hsang around for these guys to prove he can beat them. But his critics are saying its not necessary. Just fight ward, kovakev etc etc that's the only way you'll be tested.
            GGG maybe the greatest middleweight the world will ever see
            In order to be ranked among the greatest of all time or even the greatest of your era, a fighter would have to beat another fighter who was ranked among the greatest of his era. Golovkin hasn't even fought anyone who would rank among the greatest fighters of the last 25 years, let alone all time greatest.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              I agree. Golovkin has shown the greatest amount of cowardice in middleweight history.
              You are absolutely right. However, Canelo Alvarez is trying to reclaim that distinction.

Comment

He mops the floor with the likes of Hearns and Hagler.

Comment

Yeah...GGG made the great fight like vs. Lemeuix aka "modern day Hagler vs. Hearns". So he deserve to be called the Greatest...lol

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Post and discuss.
                    its beyond obvious. the division will soon be named after him due to his murderous in ring exploits. the legendary corpses of his vanquished victims are piling up.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSnatcher View Post

Yeah...GGG made the great fight like vs. Lemeuix aka "modern day Hagler vs. Hearns". So he deserve to be called the Greatest...lol
                      You sound upset
                      "Why is an American not getting all the fame and attention bbbbut Ward"

Comment

Working...
                      X