No announcement yet.

Young Shane Mosley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
    It's hard to me to say that a fighter who hasn't ever been stopped would have been stopped.
    it is, but when a shell a former fighter almost stops said fighter then the likelyhood is at least higher. not 100% obviously. But Shane was seriously nothing compared to what he used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
      it is, but when a shell a former fighter almost stops said fighter then the likelyhood is at least higher. not 100% obviously. But Shane was seriously nothing compared to what he used to be.
      He wasn't the same, but if we talk prime by prime, Floyd was more aggressive in his younger days, sitting on his punches so it would be a hard fight.

Comment

Depends on what you mean by "almost stopped."

I was almost killed by a car. It is impossible to tell if I was even touched by the car, from that statement, because of our constant stream of colloquialisms.

You are stretching it well to claim Mosely "almost" knocked out Mayweather. He landed one punch, good enough to change Mayweather's footing, is about all that came down to.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          The security system logs every draft of every post and because you had included words like transsexuals, transgenders etc. it was insta-deleted.
          How do I post an attachment which is a sound file, Bat? Is it possible?

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
            He wasn't the same, but if we talk prime by prime, Floyd was more aggressive in his younger days, sitting on his punches so it would be a hard fight.
            Floyd in his younger days wasn't a WW. Show me a fight at WW where Floyd sat down and looked far superior to even his last fight.

Keep in mind, my only REAL point I am trying to make here is Shane looked a hell of a lot better years ago than he does now or recently. Not just a little bit better like Floyd did 10 years ago. Obviously I can't say for certain he Koes Floyd 100%. I did word it like that but I was trying to make a point about how good Shane was in his prime, and I think he was a better WW than Floyd and would have beat him.

Comment

Floyd in his younger days wasn't a WW. Show me a fight at WW where Floyd sat down and looked far superior to even his last fight.

Keep in mind, my only REAL point I am trying to make here is Shane looked a hell of a lot better years ago than he does now or recently. Not just a little bit better like Floyd did 10 years ago. Obviously I can't say for certain he Koes Floyd 100%. I did word it like that but I was trying to make a point about how good Shane was in his prime, and I think he was a better WW than Floyd and would have beat him.
              To be taken seriously one must speak seriously. Nothing is 100% in athletic contests. Let me see you bet your son's life that Usain Bolt will beat a man in a wheelchair in a 100 meter dash. We might bet our own lives on this, but I guarantee that neither of us would bet our son's life, because it is not 100%. People can understand a point without hyperbole.

Comment

Shane wasn't a ww in his prime either, both at lightweight would have been the best match up.

Comment

Shane was a very gifted fighter.. Great chin, speed and power.. Had good skills but not really great and wasn't the best ring general.. In his younger days at lightweight, he was a monster.. He was in a pretty shallow division, I wish he would have been around in the 80s vs Camacho, Lockridge, chavez or early 2000s with castillo, casamoyer, corrales, Freitas .

Would have loved to seen tszyu-shane at 140 in 97-99, or even at welter after shane had beaten Oscar..

I think the best time that would have made the most financial sense had been after floyd beat Oscar and became a PPv superstar. Mosely was the rival to Oscar, and if no Oscar rematch for floyd, why not fight oscars big name rival.

Comment

How good was Mosley overall anyway? I'm guessing not quite all-time great, but still pretty good and skilled among his contemporaries?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                      How good was Mosley overall anyway? I'm guessing not quite all-time great, but still pretty good and skilled among his contemporaries?
                      As talented as someone can be, but he lacks the ability to beat a technician, amazing among the brawlers, great chin, and with some really nice wins, hall of famer resume in my opinion, but if we take his best opponents, they are really ahead of him in resume (Dela Hoya, Floyd, Manny, Winky)

Comment

Working...
                      X