No announcement yet.

Lara challenges GGG on Twitter to fight him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    "(130lb) Marquez called me out so that is why the fight is on" - Floyd Mayweather

Floyd fans like to make them excuses to protect Floyd but it is in conflict with Floyd's actions when Floyd has the huge advantage.
    Are you too stupid to realize your own highlighting debunks your entire argument?

Comment

This kind of reminds me of Paul Williams calling out Margarito back in the day

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        Lara is a Golden Boy (and thus Showtime) fighter, he won't be able to fight Golovkin on HBO.
        That only applies to the money makers. Golden Boy will allow Lara to fight on HBO if its against one of HBO's top guys. That is high reward low risk for GBP. If Lara were to win he would come back to GBP (Showtime) a star.

Comment

didn't lara fought williams at middleweight? or it was at 154 lbs?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Marquez was The Ring champion at 135, he was not a Super Featherweight.
            You must be joking to try to correct me on that. Marquez was fighting at 130 the previous year and had just moved up to 135 NOT 147 where he fought Floyd.

Champ at 135? Well, GGG is what at 160? GGG is considered one of if not the top 160lbs, right? The only thing I agree is that we don't know how or which GGG would show up at 154 (perhaps better at a CW of 157) so it would kind of deflate this from my stand-point but the point is that you Floyd fans are using all sorts of excuses to de-rail all of Floyd's supposed risky fights. Why?

All the riskier fights, you have excuses. Manny, Martinez, GGG, .... sorry but when Floyd is the champ at a division, all comers are allowed to fight him at that weight ..... not just the cherry picked fights that are approved by Floyd and his fans!

That particular Floyd fan said "the right to call Floyd out is only if the opponent beats a few credible opponents first at Floyd's weight" .... so Marquez didn't have to do that ..... calling out was good enough for Floyd. THAT WAS THE POINT!!!
            Last edited by ADP02; 02-09-2014, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I'd love to see this. I'd be fine if there was a catchweight of 157

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
                That only applies to the money makers. Golden Boy will allow Lara to fight on HBO if its against one of HBO's top guys. That is high reward low risk for GBP. If Lara were to win he would come back to GBP (Showtime) a star.
                Remember it was HBO who cut ties with GBP. I think this is a good Monaco fight, but Lara might not get so well paid for that.

Comment

I really think GGG knocks him out. He can apply
                  smarter pressure than Angulo and is a bigger puncher.

Comment

He called out everyone before GGG only Mundine replied and Lara told him he was gonna take him to school....he will fight anybody he does not give 2 ****s he is afraid of no one a quality forgotten in boxing nowadays when even the mexican "warriors" are more reality tv divas than warriors at all. It's refreshing to see some people with balls are still out there.

Comment

Why wait until after the Lee fight is close to be done to call out GGG? What weight class are we talking and is the fight even doable - HBO/GBP?

Comment

Working...
                      X