Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Muhammad Ali who beat Cleveland Williams...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
    The Williams-vintage Ali against the Spinks-vintage Tyson is a classic matchup.

Ditto the Toney-vintage RJJ against the Sibson-vintage Hagler.
    Thats my point neither could do the same show with those opponents that they did with the others , lets just say if the other guy is a little sharper , a littler quicker and you are now missing with what caught the other guy , is it because your timing is a little off , or the other guy is just a bit better , boxing is very dynamic yet fans look at it so abstract ,,,,,,,on the night a fraction of a split second can change history .

Comment

Let's look at it another way.

LEt's look at Deontay Wilder and compare his career to Muhammad Ali's 1st career.

Now completely objectively, Wilder has fought MUCH better opposition. Because they were bigger than Ali's opponents. Because they had much better records than Ali's opponents. Because they had far more heavyweight experience than Ali's opponents. Because they had much better KO ratio's and harder punches than Ali's opponents.

What's more, Wilder obliterated all of these opponents in 4 rounds or less.

Whilst Ali, against a much bummier and much weaker class of opposition, still managed to officially win all those fights yet except for 2 fights (featherfist, disabled aforementioned Williams and emaciated extreme featherfist Terrell), struggled badly with most all of his opponents and was often pasted.

Commonsense tells us that this Ali should not be considered seriously alongside Wilder except in a nostalgic context.

But what's this? Muhammad Ali of the Williams fight is considered to be the GOAT. And what of Wilder?

For nostalgic fans, Deontay Wilder is a joke. Despite clear evidence to the contrary, much better achievements against much better opponents than Williams are dismissed as "He flattened just another bum".

"When is he going to fight somebody with a pulse?"

Let me tell you, if Wilder jumped in the ring with a gunshot featherfist bum like Cleveland Williams and knocked him out in 1 round (as he most definitely would) would that make Wilder the greatest of all time?

OF course not!

Ridiculous thread! Give up this topic.

Ray and his friends have now been completely exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
        Let's look at it another way.

LEt's look at Deontay Wilder and compare his career to Muhammad Ali's 1st career.

Now completely objectively, Wilder has fought MUCH better opposition. Because they were bigger than Ali's opponents. Because they had much better records than Ali's opponents. Because they had far more heavyweight experience than Ali's opponents. Because they had much better KO ratio's and harder punches than Ali's opponents.

What's more, Wilder obliterated all of these opponents in 4 rounds or less.

Whilst Ali, against a much bummier and much weaker class of opposition, still managed to officially win all those fights yet except for 2 fights (featherfist, disabled aforementioned Williams and emaciated extreme featherfist Terrell), struggled badly with most all of his opponents and was often pasted.

Commonsense tells us that this Ali should not be considered seriously alongside Wilder except in a nostalgic context.

But what's this? Muhammad Ali of the Williams fight is considered to be the GOAT. And what of Wilder?

For nostalgic fans, Deontay Wilder is a joke. Despite clear evidence to the contrary, much better achievements against much better opponents than Williams are dismissed as "He flattened just another bum".

"When is he going to fight somebody with a pulse?"

Let me tell you, if Wilder jumped in the ring with a gunshot featherfist bum like Cleveland Williams and knocked him out in 1 round (as he most definitely would) would that make Wilder the greatest of all time?

OF course not!

Ridiculous thread! Give up this topic.

Ray and his friends have now been completely exposed.

Troll alert Troll alert Red k inbound

Comment

Truth hurts mate.

Nobody with any attachment to reality could envision Muhammad Ali being anything less than a fast KO for someone like Wilder.

"Greatest of all time" haha

Red k.. Oooo please don't.

I couldn't give a crap about red k and I don't even know how to give it. I've never heard of anything so pathetic

Comment

Truth hurts mate.

Nobody with any attachment to reality could envision Muhammad Ali being anything less than a fast KO for someone like Wilder.

"Greatest of all time" haha

Red k.. Oooo please don't.

I couldn't give a crap about red k and I don't even know how to give it. I've never heard of anything so pathetic

Wilder>Ali=Pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
              Wilder>Ali=Pathetic

I did not say he was greater than Ali overall.

In relative terms Ali is of course greater than Wilder.

I just said that Wilder would knock Ali out very early.

And that in absolute terms Wilder's career so far has **** all over Ali's 1st career.

Both are indisputable facts.

Comment

Well I don't think he looked that good really.

But let's assume some ppl really do think he looked great.

Williams was a **** fighter and a featherfist. He looked ****, he looked weak. On paper he fought **** and he had a KO% less than 50 against real hws.

And even worse, he'd just had his intestines removed because he was gunshot LOL.

There's an old saying... "It's easy to look like an eagle when you fly with turkeys" haha. Accurately sums up Ali's 1st career.

Joke thread.

Ali vs Williams was a bum fight. Nothing more. Fact!
                Williams featherfist

Comment

I did not say he was greater than Ali overall.

In relative terms Ali is of course greater than Wilder.

I just said that Wilder would knock Ali out very early.

And that in absolute terms Wilder's career so far has **** all over Ali's 1st career.

Both are indisputable facts.
                  Foreman,Frazier x3,Norton x3,Spinks x2,Liston x2. Do you want me to go on?

beyonce hasn't got the opponents to be greater lol.When Wilder fights Fury(if he has the balls) the hype stops. 32-0 against bums.

Comment

SMH @ what this thread is turning into.

Ali fought inspired against Williams. That's not to say he wasn't motivated in other fights but he had ridiculous energy that night and was a prime ATG at his peak. An Ali like that beats any HW I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      Williams featherfist
                      Laced Up... Go to Williams record.. Knock off his cruiser opposition.

Fancy that, Williams is a featherfist on paper.

Pull up a picture of Williams. He does not look anything like what we would today describe as a combat athlete.

Who could Williams pose any punch threat to today? I can't think of a single HW or even a top level CW that Williams would pose any punch threat to whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                      X