New 6 Week Lifting Routine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please tell me you are "that guy" with the notepad at the gym

i used to spot those guys all the time.

they'd walk over to me, flex, look at themselves, and then inquire about getting a spot from 230 lb, no-notepad new england, who dwarfed them.

other than you chest / back day (too much of a spread for a bodybuilding routine, in my eyes,) i like the schedule. just commit it to memory so you don't look like "that guy." it will just be so hard for me to take you seriously knowing you walk around your gym with your notebook
    Last edited by New England; 09-29-2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I dunno about OP, but I DO walk around the gym with my notebook. I'm also doing different percentages of my maxes and doing different set/rep schemes, so I can't just remember it, as I'm always doing something different (same exercises, just not same weight/reps/sets).

I don't see what's wrong with that. You may not take me seriously because I have a notebook (I don't follow that logic...?), but when you saw me lifting literally 500 pounds, I bet you would.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeBrah View Post
        I dunno about OP, but I DO walk around the gym with my notebook. I'm also doing different percentages of my maxes and doing different set/rep schemes, so I can't just remember it, as I'm always doing something different (same exercises, just not same weight/reps/sets).

I don't see what's wrong with that. You may not take me seriously because I have a notebook (I don't follow that logic...?), but when you saw me lifting literally 500 pounds, I bet you would.
        well, for starters, i'm mostly joking.

when i was lifting heavy weights i put on about 40 lbs from my 19th to 23rd birthday. 5'9, 230 - 240. i know what i'm doing and i was also blessed with the gift of a very heavy frame. i'm 220 when i don't lift weights. and it's something i did without the help of a notebook,

and what are you doign when you lift 500 lbs? a leg press? 500 lbs on anything but a leg press is impressive.

i used to deadlift five plates for a couple of reps, which is about 500 lbs if memory serves right. that's also how i injured myself, and why i took a break from lifting weights for almost two years.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          please tell me you are "that guy" with the notepad at the gym

i used to spot those guys all the time.

they'd walk over to me, flex, look at themselves, and then inquire about getting a spot from 230 lb, no-notepad new england, who dwarfed them.

other than you chest / back day (too much of a spread for a bodybuilding routine, in my eyes,) i like the schedule. just commit it to memory so you don't look like "that guy." it will just be so hard for me to take you seriously knowing you walk around your gym with your notebook
          Lol, nah I dont carry the notepad around. I just like to have my routine set way ahead of time so I dont go to the gym and not being sure of what I want to do.

And to ZeeBrah, good looks yeah everyone is telling me to add Arnold press' so I probably should.

Comment

when i was lifting heavy weights i put on about 40 lbs from my 19th to 23rd birthday. 5'9, 230 - 240. i know what i'm doing and i was also blessed with the gift of a very heavy frame. i'm 220 when i don't lift weights. and it's something i did without the help of a notebook,

and what are you doign when you lift 500 lbs? a leg press? 500 lbs on anything but a leg press is impressive.

i used to deadlift five plates for a couple of reps, which is about 500 lbs if memory serves right. that's also how i injured myself, and why i took a break from lifting weights for almost two years.
            Those injuries can be scary. A couple weeks ago I was deadlifting and I tried to do a little too much, which was stupid, and I lifted and a pain shot up my back so bad and I was seeing stars for like 10 seconds. I just put it down waddled out of the gym and just laid in bed for the next 2 days

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
              Lol, nah I dont carry the notepad around. I just like to have my routine set way ahead of time so I dont go to the gym and not being sure of what I want to do.

And to ZeeBrah, good looks yeah everyone is telling me to add Arnold press' so I probably should.

i'm really please with teh amount of work you're doing with your legs. if you want to gain the weight you've got to eat like a horse, drink water like a camel, and lift legs legs legs.

Comment

500 pounds exactly on deadlift about a month and a half ago, haha. EXTREMELY bad thoracic rounding, not sure if I can still do it. I never actually started deadlifting until about a year ago, even though I'd been lifting for about 4 years

I'll definitely get up to 500 bench, hopefully in less than like 5 years (currently at 370, but gaining rapidly). Squat, I won't see it get to 500 for a LONG time (3 torn ACLs and osteoarthritis).

But yeah, making TONS of gains right now while on a HUGE cut. The Sheiko routine has been AMAZING for me! Anyone who'd be interested in checking it out just PM me. Great program.

I dunno what people here do, but I like to powerlift to aid my boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeBrah View Post
                  500 pounds exactly on deadlift about a month and a half ago, haha. EXTREMELY bad thoracic rounding, not sure if I can still do it. I never actually started deadlifting until about a year ago, even though I'd been lifting for about 4 years

I'll definitely get up to 500 bench, hopefully in less than like 5 years (currently at 370, but gaining rapidly). Squat, I won't see it get to 500 for a LONG time (3 torn ACLs and osteoarthritis).

But yeah, making TONS of gains right now while on a HUGE cut. The Sheiko routine has been AMAZING for me! Anyone who'd be interested in checking it out just PM me. Great program.

I dunno what people here do, but I like to powerlift to aid my boxing.
                  no kidding? wow. were you an athlete? i figure it's gotta be hard to tear an acl three times in a weight room.

Comment

no kidding? wow. were you an athlete? i figure it's gotta be hard to tear an acl three times in a weight room.
                    Yeah, I played football. Tore 2 in HS, one last year (freshman year) in college. Was a 295 pound weak, fourth-string OL at a D3 school, going to try and walk on to my school's D2 football team next season at around 220 pounds (<10% BF), as a middle linebacker.

Also, I want to get into MMA. I like boxing, but I'm really good at using momentum against people (much like in Judo), and I feel I'd be good at it. Only concern is banging me knees on the ground or getting my knees submitted/kicked.

Left knee not so much.

I fall else fails, at least I can safely do boxing without too much risk of re-injuring myself. But there are no gyms near me and I don't know how to schedule a fight (so my USA Boxing $ will go to waste...).

Comment

Looks vaguely similar to Westside for Skinny Bastards.

If you haven't gave that routine a look, I suggest you do

http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...rds-part3.html

It's a great routine not just for putting on size and getting strong but maintaining and improving athleticism

Comment

Working...
                      X