Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rapper Lord Jamar is mad at Macklemore says white people have no place in hiphop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
    I don't listen to a lot of new rap, but I used to listen to rap all the time when I was a little younger.

Ever heard of Young Black Teenagers, or Onyx, or Eric B. and Rakim? Yeah, I was probably listening to hip hop when you were still ****ting in diapers.

Macklemore isn't successful because he is white. He is successful because he makes very catchy, poppy rap songs that mass audiences love, like Kanye or Pharrel or Eminem - like Thrift Shop. The only reason you would probably say he doesn't deserve to win is BECAUSE he is white.
    Yes I've heard of Onyx, Eric B and Rakim you moron. Have you ever heard of Brand Nubian? Obviously not they're from the same era you jack ass. Typical and everyone who listens to hip hop knows that Kendrick's album was the best last year hell, Macklemore came out and said it! He even texted kendrick after the event to say he was robbed his album was the best.

Your a coward what is it with white Americans the dominant race playing the victim nowadays?

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
      I think you mean rap is a musical form of expression. Hiphop is a culture which anyone from any race participates in.

But I don't believe Hiphop will be lost on future generations unless someone decides to eradicate all knowledge of Hiphop and claim some new form of Hiphop as their own.

That said, Eminem is the greatest white rapper of all time. That's undeniable.

I'll bill is a lot better than Eminem.

Comment

Originally posted by nubian View Post
        Yes I've heard of Onyx, Eric B and Rakim you moron. Have you ever heard of Brand Nubian? Obviously not they're from the same era you jack ass. Typical and everyone who listens to hip hop knows that Kendrick's album was the best last year hell, Macklemore came out and said it! He even texted kendrick after the event to say he was robbed his album was the best.

Your a coward what is it with white Americans the dominant race playing the victim nowadays?

Comment

I'll bill is a lot better than Eminem.
          I couldn't get through "My Uncle Shoots Heroin".

Comment

I couldn't get through "My Uncle Shoots Heroin".

Lol yeah some of his stuff is pretty raw, not much different to I hit my mum in the head with a shovel or it's nit my fault you had to put your little couchie in your dad's mouth that Eminem sprouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              Lord Jamar had been doing it for over 20 years.

He isn't exactly a new jack when it comes to hip-hop.

I have heard of Brand Nubian, but am not familiar with their music - hence the reason I did not recognize one of their group members by name. I was just name-dropping a few groups I remember listening to because you (nubian) just assumed I'd never listened to rap because you didn't happen to agree with my post.

Taste in music is all subjective, and you saying "everyone who listens to hip hop knows that Kendrick's album was the best last year" is equal to me saying "Macklemore sold more so obviously he is the best". It's all subjective. It also doesn't change the fact that Lord Jamar's comments are obviously tinged with jealousy and racism.

at the bold - that is an ignorant generalization that also wreaks of racism and resentment

Comment

Lol yeah some of his stuff is pretty raw, not much different to I hit my mum in the head with a shovel or it's nit my fault you had to put your little couchie in your dad's mouth that Eminem sprouts.
                It might be just me but I thought Max Kellerman was going to blow up the rap game one day.

Comment

What an ignorant ****.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                    I have heard of Brand Nubian, but am not familiar with their music - hence the reason I did not recognize one of their group members by name. I was just name-dropping a few groups I remember listening to because you (nubian) just assumed I'd never listened to rap because you didn't happen to agree with my post.

Taste in music is all subjective, and you saying "everyone who listens to hip hop knows that Kendrick's album was the best last year" is equal to me saying "Macklemore sold more so obviously he is the best". It's all subjective. It also doesn't change the fact that Lord Jamar's comments are obviously tinged with jealousy and racism.

at the bold - that is an ignorant generalization that also wreaks of racism and resentment
                    Shut up. I won't waste any more time with you you've had enough of my attention to tide you over..

Comment

It might be just me but I thought Max Kellerman was going to blow up the rap game one day.
                      I've heard max commentating but never his raps. I can only imagine him being amazing.

Comment

Working...
                      X