Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward's style is a nightmare for ANYONE. He is the next P4P #1.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
    If he beats Bute next, he's #1 P4P imo.
    Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
    Beat Bute and move up weight and I will think about it.
    Originally posted by check hook View Post
    - FMJ
    - MP
    - Donaire
    - Martinez
    - Gamboa
    - Dawson
    - JMM
    - Klits

are higher on my P4P list than Ward, and he'd need to beat Bute and Direll to leapfrog some of these guys.
    Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    If he beats Bute, then he should move up a couple spots up the P4P rankings. Ring has him at 9 right now, so he would probably take Wlad's #6 spot if he wins.
    Originally posted by 2012 View Post
    Ward is a great fighter but I think people are overrating him.

Because Froch was never really that good. He's got some nice swooping punches but not even close in terms of speed, defense or athleticism to even match Ward. He looked like an old man in there.

Yet I'm certain Lucian Bute can beat Ward. He's not only got one punch knockout power and incredible body shots but he's also just as fast if not more (and he uses his speed to get a knockout, not a clinching 12 round decision)
    Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    Dawson will beat this guy ward
    Some good quotes from this thread .

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
      In hindsight yes... at the time though Ward should have fought him. He would have dominated him easily of course, but he didnt. Froch did and he gets the credit for it!

Comment

Can't stand the guy.. But can't deny his talent. Def the one to beat.

Comment

Hey!! lol. Hindsight is 20/20, ain't it?

At that point, Bute was the only one he hadn't beaten yet. Froch took care of the dirty work, and Ward went on to fight Dawson. Amazing that Ward was #9 last year, and now he's #3. That's a big leap.

Comment

I still wish Ward took Bute's 0.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              I still wish Ward took Bute's 0.
              So do I, but I'm really glad Froch did it. Froch gets no respect, and winning like that in front of his home crowd was amazing.

Really funny to see the Bute fans. They said some ludicrous stuff, that I was one of a few telling them was ludicrous at the time. Bute has faster hands, better timing, he's a better counter puncher, his defense is slick, stuff like that.

Comment

His ability to fight any style with ease, keep himself composed, the ability to fight on the outside as well as the inside deems himself as the nacho cheese style; he's able to smother his opponent on the inside, cause them to get frustrated, is a switch hitter from orthodox to southpaw.

What else more do you want? One thing I realize everyone says he's a boring fighter, but is it his fault he's able to completely neutralize a fighter's offense with his quick reflexes and slippery eel style, or so as Froch himself put it.

I may be slightly biased (born and raised in the Bay Area myself) when I'm saying Ward is the next best thing, but his accolades should be enough to convince anyone new to the sport that Ward is the best complete all around fighter in the sport today, period!

Dude is over hyped, you guys are crazy

Comment

damn right

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Dude is over hyped, you guys are crazy
                    If you really want to see someone that was over hyped then look no further than Bute.

Comment

Why does Ward seemingly get credit for Froch beating Bute?

Ward chose not to fight Bute with some questionable reasoning behind it.

Comment

Working...
                      X