Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
    Dana White Talks Punishment For Chael Sonnen
    Posted on Sep 20, 2010

UFC President Dana White talked to Kevin Iole following news that Chael Sonnen had failed a pre fight drug test for what the CSAC says was a natural steroid and despite fans and media clamoring for the promotion to step in and punish Sonnen on top of what he will likely receive from the CSAC (one year suspension, $2500 fine), White likely won't pursue the matter any further than the commission level:

"When one of them fails a test, the government is going to fine them and suspend them and tell them they can't make a living for a year. So should I come in after they've already lost the ability to make a living for a year and been fined all this money and, in the worst economic disaster in the history of the world, fine them another huge amount and take away their ability to make a living even longer?

"These are guys with homes and families and personal lives and bills and debts and obligations, just like me and you," White said. "After they lost all this money already, money that, A, they've probably already spent and B, which they owe taxes, do I fine them another huge amount? What else do you do to a human being?"

Link:
    http://www.mmanews.com/news/88697
    you're his boss you're supposed to take action against him too, honestly Dana White is the same guy who is basically telling Floyd Mayweather Jr to "shut up and fight" and encouraging him to drop his testing demands meanwhile look at how guys in his own combat sports brand be juicing, he also doesn't even take action of his own so even though Chael wronged the UFC he will only be penalized by the commission only, this is insane man..

Dana White is a real dirty ass hole for this, he let Paul Daley and Nick Diaz go because of their inability to control themselves in terms of anger and attitude but you let Chael, who is a proven cheat, stay all because pretends to act more civil completely disregarding the fact that he did WORSE actions that should get him kicked out even quicker than Daley and Diaz?? awful **** here man Dana White is losing a lot of my respect day by day, I always felt like he wasn't the right guy for the job he has, this just solidifies it..

Comment

i couldn't remember everything about the sherk case so i went to the wiki
      "Sherk claimed errors were made in lab testing procedures. He claimed that failure of the lab to properly test the vials used in the earlier, positive tests for any remaining steroid content may have resulted in his sample becoming contaminated"
      the CSAC couldn't admit to their mistake so instead of removing the fine and suspension they reduced it to 6 months.

as for the gracies well alot of them live a strict lifestyle from how they train to how they eat, hell they even have a book out about the gracie diet....just alot of natural stuff.
      they're also a honorable family and i doubt royce would put any PED's in his system and disgrace his family like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Blair_Wells#32 View Post
        i couldn't remember everything about the sherk case so i went to the wiki
        "Sherk claimed errors were made in lab testing procedures. He claimed that failure of the lab to properly test the vials used in the earlier, positive tests for any remaining steroid content may have resulted in his sample becoming contaminated"
        the CSAC couldn't admit to their mistake so instead of removing the fine and suspension they reduced it to 6 months.

as for the gracies well alot of them live a strict lifestyle from how they train to how they eat, hell they even have a book out about the gracie diet....just alot of natural stuff.
        they're also a honorable family and i doubt royce would put any PED's in his system and disgrace his family like that.
        Oh, that sounds really credible. (no non-sarcasm).

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
          you're his boss you're supposed to take action against him too, honestly Dana White is the same guy who is basically telling Floyd Mayweather Jr to "shut up and fight" and encouraging him to drop his testing demands meanwhile look at how guys in his own combat sports brand be juicing, he also doesn't even take action of his own so even though Chael wronged the UFC he will only be penalized by the commission only, this is insane man..

Dana White is a real dirty ass hole for this, he let Paul Daley and Nick Diaz go because of their inability to control themselves in terms of anger and attitude but you let Chael, who is a proven cheat, stay all because pretends to act more civil completely disregarding the fact that he did WORSE actions that should get him kicked out even quicker than Daley and Diaz?? awful **** here man Dana White is losing a lot of my respect day by day, I always felt like he wasn't the right guy for the job he has, this just solidifies it..
          I agree.
          The only reason why Dana isn't doing much is because he got so caught up in the Mayweather drug testing procedure that he doesn't want to come across as being a hypocrite.

Comment

Sonnen told the CSAC he might test positive before the fight even happened....

Comment

****in MMA and steroids!

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                Sonnen told the CSAC he might test positive before the fight even happened....
                Yeah, what a dumbshit.

This isn't like going into your first UA for DUI class and telling them you may piss dirty for weed this time.

Fucking idiot.

Comment

No wonder Dana was ****tin on Floyd on his OST demands with Pac cuz he is worried about better testing coming to UFC exposing their organization

Comment

the sherk one sounds about right from what i remember too, why else would they reduce his time to 6 months instead of the full year?
                    sounds like Sonnen will be Appealing his case as well according to mmajunkie.com
                    http://mmajunkie.com/news/20734/rep-...-drug-test.mma

"It is our policy not to comment on pending actions by the athletic commission," Roberts stated. "Chael is consulting with his legal [advisers] and physicians and will have a statement in the near future. Chael will file an appeal with the CSAC and looks forward to working with the commission to resolve this matter."

Comment

Originally posted by Blair_Wells#32 View Post
                      the sherk one sounds about right from what i remember too, why else would they reduce his time to 6 months instead of the full year?
                      sounds like Sonnen will be Appealing his case as well according to mmajunkie.com
                      http://mmajunkie.com/news/20734/rep-...-drug-test.mma

"It is our policy not to comment on pending actions by the athletic commission," Roberts stated. "Chael is consulting with his legal [advisers] and physicians and will have a statement in the near future. Chael will file an appeal with the CSAC and looks forward to working with the commission to resolve this matter."
                      Who knows, could be a lot of things.

That wiki passage is anything but impartial, and isn't worth the bits which owe to the lettering.

Comment

Working...
                      X