Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ChinChecker. Worst Chins in boxing. (ATM).DO you guys agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medved View Post
    Gamboa should be on the list and Broner should be higher.

Gamboa been dropped ALOT, esp in early rounds by a ton of diff guys. Weak Defence + bad chin in early rounds leads to KD's, once he gets going with defense he rarely gets dropped.

Broner just has a weak chin, what he does have is quick recovery rate, something that Amir Khan wishes he had, getting Broner down is no problem, its finishing him off. Gotta time it perfectly, knocking him down with under 30sec to go is useless since he'll most likely survive, but getting him early/mid round is much much better aslong as you can apply pressure.
    awesome sig man.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChinChecker View Post
      2-His amazing octo-Wlad defense in which Manny Steward has taught him.

I enjoyed this comment

Comment

Originally posted by M.I Truth ? View Post
        The problem with the list is some of the guys on it are past prime. Many fighters dont take punches well towards the end. Jones and Taylor dont have anything left. Green is at the end as well though he may not realize it. And Zab is more of a mental thing then chin thing. Kosta stopped him early but he took accumulated punishment from Cotto. Khan dropped him with a body shot and he choose to take a count. More mental. Wlad had some KO losses but he is a different fighter today. Kirkland just doesnt protect himself properly at times. Still should not have been dropped by Ishida but that may reflect conditioning. Khan does have a vulnerability and is a prime fighter.
        GREAT POST MAN. I love your paragraph. No Bull****. No insult. Straight to the point. Great stuff.

Sadly, as good as your post was, if we follow your formula of chin checking.Ala , taking in factors of 'prime-past prime-lack of preparation-mental- etc.
        then chin checking will seize to exist. This I can not allow.

I realize Roy is shot, I realize Jermaine is shot, that does not exclude them from a CURRENT P4P List. So until Roy decides to retire, he is the #2 Chin Boy and tbh? I see Roy Jones yet again becoming p4p #1.
        (I do find it bittersweet that Roy will finally be p4p #1 again, just like the good ole days, except on a different list)

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
          Gamboa should be on the list and Broner should be higher.

Gamboa been dropped ALOT, esp in early rounds by a ton of diff guys. Weak Defence + bad chin in early rounds leads to KD's, once he gets going with defense he rarely gets dropped.

Broner just has a weak chin, what he does have is quick recovery rate, something that Amir Khan wishes he had, getting Broner down is no problem, its finishing him off. Gotta time it perfectly, knocking him down with under 30sec to go is useless since he'll most likely survive, but getting him early/mid round is much much better aslong as you can apply pressure.
          I will do some research on Gamboa. Broner is deceptive. I HONESTLY BELIEVE he got a glass mandible and is harboring this behind his brush talks, but he have yet to be exposed. The glass is there, just that nobody dug it out yet.

Comment

Gamboa have leap frogged Kirkland in the p4p rankings.

Remember all, a lot of you disagree with the RING'S P4P Rankings as well. P4P is always debatable.

But I feel the top 3 should NOT BE DEBATABLE.

Khan-Roy and Jermaine Taylor are the undisputed 1-3. Massive fight for Roy coming up though, a fight that could see Roy take back the p4p #1 spot that many feel is rightfully his.

Comment

Thomaz Adamek is a strange one.

He was dropped by feather fist Bad Chad and was CLEARLY wobbled by a range finder jab from Vitali (Who is a arm puncher himself). Hard to decide if he can crack the p4p lists yet though. Will think about this.

Comment

Originally posted by M.I Truth ? View Post
                Roy Jones is not an ATG?
                Mah Bad. Roy is definitely 100% an ATG.

Top 30-40ish.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChinChecker View Post
                  Thomaz Adamek is a strange one.

He was dropped by feather fist Bad Chad and was CLEARLY wobbled by a range finder jab from Vitali (Who is a arm puncher himself). Hard to decide if he can crack the p4p lists yet though. Will think about this.
                  You see Vitali as an arm puncher? That's Dr. IRONFIST your talking about bro. 44 wins with 40 by KO. Thats an 86.96 KO%.

Comment

Roy's inspiration:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...5316&cat=boxer

Comment

Originally posted by PUK_MY_DANG_34 View Post
                      You see Vitali as an arm puncher? That's Dr. IRONFIST your talking about bro. 44 wins with 40 by KO. Thats an 86.96 KO%.
                      That's another thread. This thread is about chins. But just some interesting facts.

I know Vitali got a CHIN OF IRON STEEL. I love it. I love Vitali. He's my 2nd favorite fighter behind Carl Froch.

BUT

1-Lennox Lewis was knocked out by Rahman, he was knocked down by Mccall. Lewis does not have a great chin.
                      A much older, fatter, slower, Lewis took Prime Vitali's best shots and stayed up. He even started hitting Vitali later on in that fight.

2- Vitali took 12 rounds to UD a 10 years past prime fat ******ed Shannon Briggs who have already lost most of his skills and all of his brain cells.

His power come from accumulation, not from one punch KO.

That being said, nah he's not an arms puncher exclusionly. He got good power, just not Wladimir or Lennox power.
                      Last edited by TheChinChecker; 08-12-2012, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X