Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd beats Sergio, would he rank higher than Pac???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Floyd beats Sergio, would he rank higher than Pac???

If Floyd Mayweather were to beat Sergio Martinez at 154, or maybe even 160 (but I doubt it would be at 160), would that most definitely put him in front of Pacquiao on the "All-Time" status??? Pacquiao and Mayweather are already all-time greats, but a lot will be determined the final few years each guy fights. In terms of legacy (to knowledged people, not just bias individuals), they are pretty even. Pac hasn't really shown us much since he beat Cotto in 2009, while Mayweather's fights against Baldomir and Marquez were less than stellar....However both have won almost all of their big fights in convincing fashion, especially recently.

The only question to be answered on this thread is...If Floyd Mayweather beats Sergio Martinez next year, would that automatically elevate him above Pacquiao in your mind, or no??? Why and Why not???

A thread that has to do with Pacquiao and Mayweather...should go in the big thread

Comment

how can you beat someone you don't intend to fight? fighthype.com don't even bother asking floyd about martinez. have you heard something?

Comment

If Mayweather beats Sergio then it would be because Sergio is 36 almost 37 and was definitely on the decline because there's no way Floyd could beat a 100% Sergio.

Comment

as of now yes. It also would depend on who pac's next opponent would be. If he fights another guy he's heavily favored in and floyd went on to beat martinez, I think at that point you got to swap the two spots.

Comment

Yes - if FLoyd beat martinez he would have to be elevated above Manny Pacquiao. Unfortunately, this is a pointless question. . .

Hey, you can dream right? Nothing wrong with that. . . Nothing wrong with wishful thinking, or dreaming a little dream. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
              If Mayweather beats Sergio then it would be because Sergio is 36 almost 37 and was definitely on the decline because there's no way Floyd could beat a 100% Sergio.
              Sergio is on the decline??? Actually, Sergio has looked the best he's ever looked the past two years. The guy is a freak of nature, in the sense that he's in his peak version of himself at 36. I have no doubt that if Mayweather chose to fight him next year, Pac fans will say Sergio was old and past it though.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                Yes - if FLoyd beat martinez he would have to be elevated above Manny Pacquiao. Unfortunately, this is a pointless question. . .

Hey, you can dream right? Nothing wrong with that. . . Nothing wrong with wishful thinking, or dreaming a little dream. . .
                i don't think even beating sergio would be enough for floyd to pass over pac on the atg list....even now...

people are just putting on too much weight on floyd vs sergio...

perhaps bcoz people are now accepting the pac vs floyd will never happen...

Comment

If he did yes because the level of opposition. If Martinez beat Pac and Floyd did not fight him would you rank MArtinez above Floyd? You probably wouldnt.

Comment

it would be enough to be No.1 again on the P4P ranking...but we all know Floyd handles his business so i dont think there is a chance weŽll see a Sergio - Floyd fight (unfortunately)

Comment

Working...
                    X