Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

..MIGUEL COTTO: The Three Fight Comeback Plan...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..MIGUEL COTTO: The Three Fight Comeback Plan...

What should be Cotto's next three fights?

Keep in mind that it has to be good for his career, you're essentially playing his manager.

Mine, I'm going with Kermit Cintron first. It's a big fight. Dangerous. However, it would give Puerto Ricans a reason to believe in himself. He'd show that he was the dominant Puerto Rican welterweight having already disposed of Carlos Quintana.

After Cintron, an interesting fight would be against Ricardo Mayorga, provided that he get by Mosley, a big IF. However, the fight would be very interesting if that fight happened.

The third fight would be HUGE if he fought Hatton in the U.K. Would be a HUGE attraction. Even in America, it would be a huge fight. But, the feel of it in the U.K. would be INSANE. Perhaps a catchweight at about 144-145 would be cool. Hatton could work that, and Cotto comes in at 146 for the most part, anyway. Both are shorter fights as is.

What are your thoughts in general, perhaps on my list or on your own.

Discuss.

Id have him comeback against Collazo first a rated and quality fighter who dont have TOO much pop, I like the Mayorga idea but he aint beating Sugar.
    2nd fight Back, Cintron would be good and exciting or even Clottey. Then id throw his ass straight back in with the number 1 guy be that Marg or whoever! He can beat everyone in this division IMO

Comment

I think he should come back against an easier opponent, maybe against the WBA regular champion Yuri Nuzhenko who wouldn't be too hard a fight from what I've seen.

And then maybe Cintron or Collazo.

Then if he thinks he's ready, a rematch with Margarito or a fight with Clottey.

Comment

i think he should fight collazo or someone of that calibre ( not a big puncher!) before the end of the year. (october perhaps)

then cintron in early 2009

then berto in mid 2009

then clottey in late 2009

and then a rematch with margarito or a match with williams or whoever the top dog is early to mid 2010

Comment

1. Easy fight in Puerto Rico, not too much hype.
          2. Cintron
          3. Rematch with Margarito.

He should take his time. By the time the rematch comes around it'll be summer '09.

Comment

Everyone seems agreed an immidiate rematch aint the wisest choice at least!

Tho he only had another round and a half to survive and the win was his (at least on my card!) He could do it if he would drop the pride**** and clinch a little bit more! Also if he could stay of the ropes a lil bit more, tho i must say i think that was more Marg forcing him there than thru choice.

But i do agree a couple of fights first would be benificial

Comment

Personally I would go after the winner of Bertro vs Forbes for a title, then right back at Margarito

Comment

Originally posted by mr ko View Post
                1. Easy fight in Puerto Rico, not too much hype.
                2. Cintron
                3. Rematch with Margarito.

He should take his time. By the time the rematch comes around it'll be summer '09.
                I agree, I don't think he should fight Cintron just yet. But then again Cintron hasn't fought since April and is much more an emotional wreck than Cotto who doesn't seem fazed so it might be the right move to get him back against the elite soon.

Comment

I'd match him against Berto as soon as possible, a fight I think he could win easily and hand him the WBC title.

Comment

1. Zab Judah or Kermit Cintron
                    2. Joshua Clottey
                    3. Antonio Margarito

Comment

Working...
                    X