No announcement yet.

So Brook is facing Frankie Gavin? LMFAO what a JOKE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Rios isn't really a somebody, he would have been a decent opponent for now but for the so called "big fight" its laughable.
    Who would you prefer?

Comment

It'd be Brook-Khan if Khan grew a pair. The money for Brook is in England and we all know the Americans don't like to fight outside of their country.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Brook is fighting twice more before the summer is finished. They were never going to secure anyone great for May which is next month.

I'm kinda glad they're getting this out of the way now instead of Eddie Hearn trying to build it into some sort of mega fight for next year.

Brook's big fight will be in July, most likely Rios which is admittedly slightly underwhelming too.

Also....all this would have been avoided had Amir just taken the fight.
        This is not Hatton-Witter. This will happen. Right fights at the right time. Taking on Algieri basically makes me wonder if Khan has been not promised, but sort of given a green light as to getting the winner or even loser of May-Pac.

Khan wants an easy non-puncher, but relevant enough to keep his hopes alive.

Brook is no beast like Maidana when he had all that hype behind him, yet Khan took him on and even if that was to prevent him of getting stripped I'm sure they would've worked something out for Khan if ducking was their intention.
        Last edited by Box-Office; 04-09-2015, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Am I missing something? Are Khan and Brook retiring after these fights...while I'm not happy with these match ups at the same time too, we have to let some of these match ups build up. Don't end up like Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley in which the fight was made too soon and end up being a big disappointment.

Wouldn't Khan fighting on PBC/Network TV, I would think that would only HELP build Khan vs Brook up here in the States At Least.

Same with Kovalev vs Stevenson, the buzz is not declining it is actually getting BIGGER and Louder so once again waiting a little bit more maybe early 2016 that fight is going to be HUGE if they keep winning.

Boxing fans are not patient, we want to do all the big fights right away, nobody is thinking long term nobody is think what happens AFTER Certain Match Ups if Boxing and Promoters give you everything right away. Then we will be on forums talking about how boxing is boring and it is no big match ups left. Brook vs Khan 2016 will be even bigger than doing it now!

Comment

Are you serious? hes fighting twice before SUMMER is over.. and hes getting his next mandatory out of the way early in May... Hes making moves quicker than alot of fighters do. He wanted Khan and couldnt get him so he can get his next mandatory out of the way, add a name to his resume in July and create more demand for the Khan fight. Brook is going to be riding high

Comment

Rod Salka > Frankie Gavin

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Am I missing something? Are Khan and Brook retiring after these fights...while I'm not happy with these match ups at the same time too, we have to let some of these match ups build up. Don't end up like Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley in which the fight was made too soon and end up being a big disappointment.

Wouldn't Khan fighting on PBC/Network TV, I would think that would only HELP build Khan vs Brook up here in the States At Least.

Same with Kovalev vs Stevenson, the buzz is not declining it is actually getting BIGGER and Louder so once again waiting a little bit more maybe early 2016 that fight is going to be HUGE if they keep winning.

Boxing fans are not patient, we want to do all the big fights right away, nobody is thinking long term nobody is think what happens AFTER Certain Match Ups if Boxing and Promoters give you everything right away. Then we will be on forums talking about how boxing is boring and it is no big match ups left. Brook vs Khan 2016 will be even bigger than doing it now!
                Brook-Khan 2017 could be bigger....2018 could be bigger....2019 could be bigger....

Comment

Brook prefers Bundu's left overs.

Comment

I'm starting to believe that Eddie Hearns is smart enough to low ball Khan and pull the ole switch-a-roo on which side is ducking. Brook probably does want to fight Khan. Brook doesn't manage his own career though. There's a reason Khan picked someone as laughable as Algieri and then attacked Brooks side with brash confidence, sending a message that even Algieri is a more formidable opponent then whoever Hearns picks next.

Comment

This Khan hater says Khan has been offered the Brook fight for years but he clearly doesn't want to fight Brook. Brook has been a good champion. He just KOed the number 1 contender and in a very short time he will fight the 5th ranked contender. Gavin is the 5th ranked contender for Brook's title so he is no joke. Khan fighting Algieri who is a 140 pounder who can't punch and just lost to Pacquiao by the incredible points score of 120 to 103 is a joke. Khan claims to be a much better fighter than Mayweather and Pacquiao. Khan is going to prove this by fighting a guy Pacquiao just slaughtered? Now there is a real joke for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X