No announcement yet.

St. Louis police kill man who stole drinks/supposedly has knife

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    I didn't see any knife. He was walking with both hands out and I can't see a knife.

Also why are you saying he has a knife? Did you watch or listen to the video? The cops are saying "Drop the gun."

And do you see a knife or gun in his hands? I don't.
    They're yelling "drop the knife". He clearly has something in his hand, just look at the way he pulls something out of his pocket and holds it in his hand. Its hard to see because you found the smallest video of this incident on the net.

Comment

Yeah actually I misheard, my fault.

Wipe out my last remark Russian

Anyways I can't tell if he actually has a knife, I guess he does. But why not taser the man?
      Because tasers are less effective when a man with a knife is coming at you and ignoring verbal commands yelling "shoot me". They are much more likely to miss or not be effective enough and if the man continues, he hurts the officer

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
        Tasers sometimes have no effect and maybe they didn't have one on them. It's just ****ing stupid to approach two armed cops with a knife. American cops really don't **** around.
        They did have tasers.. The St. Louis department answered questions by nbc..

Few highlights

1. Some vehicles have dash cams, but not the ones at the scene
        2. No officers have body cams
        3. Cops did possess tasers
        4. Anything within 21 feet, cops are trained to draw guns in a potentially dangerous situation

Comment

Looks like this guy had found a knife on the floor and tried to hand it in. First he tried to do it at a liquor store and the owners were so impressed they handed over some free drinks as a reward and called the police so he could give in the property. When police arrived he walked towards them and tried to give the knife to them while repeatedly saying "KILL ME" which is a street code for "Hello officer, I found this item on the floor if you could please return it to its rightful owner" and the DUMB EVIL PIGS SHOT HIM.

Comment

According to the WorldStar headline he has a knife, that is yet to be actually confirmed. The main crime you see is that he apparently stole two drinks.

Man walks up to cops yelling "SHOOT ME," and gets shot.

Police light his ass up.
            The cops were with in their legal right.

was what they did morally right? No. but its legally right, and that's all we care about as Americans. looking like a bunch of idiots attacking cops for doing what they were legally justified in doing, rather than attack the laws that allow them to act as they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
              The cops were with in their legal right.

was what they did morally right? No.
              Yes the only moral action would be to let the guy stab them to death in the street. Or something.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                Yes the only moral action would be to let the guy stab them to death in the street. Or something.
                if all men are good, why need government?

the best thing would be not to become a police officer, but as a police officer to have retreated to a safer location so as to maintain the situation while preserving the life of the suspect, would also be morally good.
                Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 08-22-2014, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Again, it seems like only US policeman are taught to "terminate the threat". Even though they have so many other options to take the person down without killing him. And the law can always twist it to their defense. And we all know who the "terminate the threat" law is made for.

Why not:

- Use the taser
                  - Mase him
                  - Shoot in the legs

There are so many other options, other than to kill a person WHO DOES NOT HAVE A GUN like they do!

Comment

WTF???

Honestly I have not commented on any of these US shootings but this is just over the top. Sorry, I'm far from some peacenik hippy liberal but man...

What is it with American cops? They shoot to kill all the time, look at how many shots were fired...WTF? The man had a knife, shoot his legs.

SHOOT THE LEGS! Isn't that standard practice in civilized society? Or a warning shot in the air first at least.

Here in Canada a cop shot a teen with a knife on an empty streetcar and got charged for it because that was over the top. There was no need to kill a kid armed with a knife on an empty street car. He was not going to harm anyone, and that's right. Last thing we need is cops dropping people like flies at the slightest threat...

This is insane. It looks like in America cops are free to kill at the slightest threat or warning where in other places to take a life is thought over a million times because of the possible consequences.

Was what they did within the law? Sure. Was the guy a complete idiot? Sure, but he also might have been mentally ill.

The bottom line is that the fact that the law ALLOWS the officer to take the life at the slightest threat is wrong. This is down to the fact that just about anything can be perceived as a threat. Oh I was threatened so I shot him to death....

Americans don't like fist fights eh? You guys just shoot.

At least in Toronto cops fight before they even shoot someone. Or taize or hit with a night stick.

An old friend of my'n (he's in an institution now, as he progressively lost his mind) full own KOd a cop once, and guess what happened? His partner tackled the guy beat gave him a rabbit shot with a night stick and cuffed his ass. In America he woulda shot him.

They should be screening these cops. You can't have a bunch of ******* with a gun on the police force...Unfortunately I see it all the time....****ing soft tender suburban "good doers" who have never got into a scrap in their life, walking around with guns free to use them and a threatened of anyone who has some balls on them.
                    Last edited by Banderivets; 08-22-2014, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
                      WTF???

Honestly I have not commented on any of these US shootings but this is just over the top. Sorry, I'm far from some peacenik hippy liberal but man...

What is it with American cops? They shoot to kill all the time, look at how many shots were fired...WTF? The man had a knife, shoot his legs.

SHOOT THE LEGS! Isn't that standard practice in civilized society? Or a warning shot in the air first at least.

Here in Canada a cop shot a teen with a knife on an empty streetcar and got charged for it because that was over the top. There was no need to kill a kid armed with a knife on an empty street car. He was not going to harm anyone, and that's right. Last thing we need is cops dropping people like flies at the slightest threat...

This is insane. It looks like in America cops are free to kill at the slightest threat or warning where in other places to take a life is thought over a million times because of the possible consequences.

Was what they did within the law? Sure. Was the guy a complete idiot? Sure, but he also might have been mentally ill.

The bottom line is that the fact that the law ALLOWS the officer to take the life at the slightest threat is wrong. This is down to the fact that just about anything can be perceived as a threat. Oh I was threatened so I shot him to death....

Americans don't like fist fights eh? You guys just shoot.

At least in Toronto cops fight before they even shoot someone. Or taize or hit with a night stick.

An old friend of my'n (he's in an institution now, as he progressively lost his mind) full own KOd a cop once, and guess what happened? His partner tackled the guy beat gave him a rabbit shot with a night stick and cuffed his ass. In America he woulda shot him.

They should be screening these cops. You can't have a bunch of ******* with a gun on the police force...Unfortunately I see it all the time....****ing soft tender suburban "good doers" who have never got into a scrap in their life, walking around with guns free to use them and a threatened of anyone who has some balls on them.
                      The cops were in the right. There's a huge difference here in the States and in Canada. Here, millions of people have guns, so cops cannot afford to give the benefit of the doubt.

Many cops die each year from being stabbed and shot. In this case, I believe the cops did not have tazers, so they had no choice but to shoot him because he had a deadly weapon and was coming at them.

You have a right to protect your life, what the cops did to Mike Brown has yet to be determined, and it might have been an unlawful shooting, this one was not.

We call it "suicide by cops" here in America, as soon as he went after the cops with a deadly weapon, he was dead.

Comment

Working...
                      X