Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 Cent: "Gamboa's mandatory is in for an A$$ WHOOPING." Guess who it is....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I forgot who said it, it was one of the current Cuban boxers that said they would never fight another Cuban boxer. And he was not the only Cuban who said that.
    It was Peter Quillin who said that when people were inquiring if he would be interested in a matchup with Erislandy Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanBox View Post
      Its an interesting fight that i actually want to see but everyone would rather see gamboa vs mikey obviously, including myself.

At this point though gamboa just needs to fight and be more active. Wtf is the deal with that? Is 50 being lazy or does Gamboa just not feel like fighting?
      I still think that Gamboa should not have moved up in weight so soon. Yuri may have more of an amateur pedigree than Richar(d), but Abril can physically give him a lot of problems. Has Abril even boxed for the Cuban national boxing team?

1) Abril is a natural featherweight. Yuri is a overblown lightweight.

2) Despite Gamboa being athletically superior, Abril had physical advantages that would be hard for Gamboa to get around.

3) Who better understands the Cuban school of boxing than another Cuban? lol. Abril can use that knowledge to his advantage.

The featherweight and jr. lightweight divisions are pretty hot divisions right now. With all of this talk about putting Vasyl Lomachenko in the ring with Rigondeaux, I'm surprised that no one is mentioning Vasyl fighting Gamboa. That's a more of an "exciting" and intriguing matchup.

Comment

Good intriguing match up

Comment

Originally posted by Art-illery View Post
          I still think that Gamboa should not have moved up in weight so soon. Yuri may have more of an amateur pedigree than Richar(d), but Abril can physically give him a lot of problems. Has Abril even boxed for the Cuban national boxing team?

1) Abril is a natural featherweight. Yuri is a overblown lightweight.

2) Despite Gamboa being athletically superior, Abril had physical advantages that would be hard for Gamboa to get around.

3) Who better understands the Cuban school of boxing than another Cuban? lol. Abril can use that knowledge to his advantage.

The featherweight and jr. lightweight divisions are pretty hot divisions right now. With all of this talk about putting Vasyl Lomachenko in the ring with Rigondeaux, I'm surprised that no one is mentioning Vasyl fighting Gamboa. That's a more of an "exciting" and intriguing matchup.
          Yeah I think Abril could give Gamboa problems with his style and like you said physical advantages, especially with the way Yuri's been fighting (i guess from inactivity).

Im not sure if Abril was ever on the national team. I think he was just a cuban amateur.

As for Lomachenko and Gamboa that would be a good fight. I don't think anyone is talking about it because maybe nobody thinks Gamboa will go down to featherweight ever again and Lomachenko is just getting started there. Just my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            This makes no sense, but of course it would come from you.

When a fighter gets robbed, he gets popular beyond belief, and as relevant as he'll ever get.
            Yeah, because Abril became soooo popular after the Rios robbery.

Of course, this type of logic would come from you. No surprise.

Comment

Gamboa was once great, but in my perspective he's faded into the shadows of his predecessors.
              Rigo and lara!!

He still an exciting guy but his inactivity is hurting his boxing career. He needs to shake off the cobwebs and claim his place in the weight classes once more. If this fight does happen it'll show us if his heart is still in the sport or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                Yeah, because Abril became soooo popular after the Rios robbery.

Of course, this type of logic would come from you. No surprise.
                He was a complete unknown before the Rios robbery. Not even hardcore fans fans knew about him.

Comment

I think Richar beats Gamboa.

Comment

Abril UDs him and probably hurts him at some point.

Comment

Gambo's been out the game for awhile tough fight for a return to the ring. Abril's reach might be a problem for old alligator arms.

Comment

Working...
                      X