Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon Jones vs Rampage only 500k buys??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UFC sucks...its fans are nothing but kids and rednecks. Basically the same type of people that watch pro wrestling. I mean the UFC is what it is I suppose, just entertainment to satisfy teen angst and redneck toughman contest crowd types who just want to see weak chins and haymakers. Anyone who thinks the UFC is taking over and "boxing is dying" are total fools. It's because the nature of UFC fans is to live in the present and they think their sport is where it's at. UFC has been around for only 18 years and it has already went broke, been bought and sold, been ridiculously overmarketed and plateaued as a business/industry. Within about 5-8 years it will be what pro wrestling is now, it is already not far from it.

Comment

jon jones ufc's biggest attraction???lmfao..and name a fighter outside of manny and floyd that can do 500k

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
        jon jones ufc's biggest attraction???lmfao..and name a fighter outside of manny and floyd that can do 500k
        Margarito VS Cotto II will more than likely surpass that or at least equal, but I see your point. Jones is barely getting started and 500k is a huge success.

Comment

Jon Jones is just starting out?? He is 15 fights in and has just defended his LHW title, first person to do so since Chuck, if he is has not yet blown up then when exactly will he? He has fought two big names in Shogun & Rampage, what do people think it will take to help him blow up?

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
            The UFC sucks...its fans are nothing but kids and rednecks. Basically the same type of people that watch pro wrestling. I mean the UFC is what it is I suppose, just entertainment to satisfy teen angst and redneck toughman contest crowd types who just want to see weak chins and haymakers. Anyone who thinks the UFC is taking over and "boxing is dying" are total fools. It's because the nature of UFC fans is to live in the present and they think their sport is where it's at. UFC has been around for only 18 years and it has already went broke, been bought and sold, been ridiculously overmarketed and plateaued as a business/industry. Within about 5-8 years it will be what pro wrestling is now, it is already not far from it.
            Im gonna chalk this up as a joke or just a hater witch is ok not everyone is gonna like everything but just how the UFC is ran is what is helping it surpass boxing in 2012 i grew up on boxing and feel its a shame how they let it fall off other then manny or floyd who really gets buys or is ever relivent... all boxing has been lately is poor fight with poor out comes that no one will pay for UFC does events once a month and kills boxing in buys over the corse of a year but who knows maybe we can get lucky and all buy hopkins dawson 2 for $60 PASS!!! ill pay for fights like DIAZ GSP or EDGAR MAYNARD that go in to fight

Comment

UFC numbers are just down in general. 500k isn't bad at all.

Plus people already knew Rampage was passed it, so the outcome wasn't too surprising.

Comment

I hear ya but even if they were all 500k once a month witch there not!!! boxing would die for 6mil buys over a course of a year floyd boxings once every 18 months for 1.2 and manny once a year for 1.2 give or take after that, then what?

Comment

Considering that they don't spend much on payroll, that number is well above the break even point for the UFC.

The real failure recently was the Edgar-Maynard fight which did about 200-250k

Comment

Everybody except nate knows Rampage is a B- level fighter at best. Everyone knew it would be a massive mismatch so why buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by K-Yo View Post
                      Jon Jones is just starting out?? He is 15 fights in and has just defended his LHW title, first person to do so since Chuck, if he is has not yet blown up then when exactly will he? He has fought two big names in Shogun & Rampage, what do people think it will take to help him blow up?
                      He wasn't even meant to fight Shogun.. that was at short notice due to Rashad?? dropping out.

So really Jones/Rampage is his first major event at the top of the card and he made 500k which is a focking lot..

Before then he was just a highly regarded prospect

Outside of Mayweather/Pac who can pull those numbers? I doubt Jones is getting 25m gurranted either lol

Comment

Working...
                      X