No announcement yet.

ideal bodyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ideal bodyweight

hi guys. just wondering if there is an idea bodyweight for someone and what is is. i.e. i dont meen what is my bodyweight but how is it defined? is it the point that moderate exercise will no longer add muscle to the body? thanks

Originally posted by josh-hill View Post
    hi guys. just wondering if there is an idea bodyweight for someone and what is is. i.e. i dont meen what is my bodyweight but how is it defined? is it the point that moderate exercise will no longer add muscle to the body? thanks
    You can estimate your prime body weight by maintaining roughly 5% body fat and doing only boxing-related exercises consistently for about a year and then you will have your answer. Unfortunately it's hard to figure out until after it's done and is totally dependent on one's self and weight class aim/decision. I'm not sure I'm giving you the answer you want, but that's how I figured the rules for ideal weight in the past.

Comment

There is no strict definition for optimal bodyweight. For me, it's the weight that I move best at and have good enough stamina to fight well for three rounds. Have never had my body fat measured, but 5% (see above) is extremely low. Competition bodybuilders aim for 2-4% and obviously you don't want to be like them.

Comment

Working...
      X