No announcement yet.

Pro-gun rights US petition to deport Piers Morgan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chav View Post
    Even if it hits 500K signatures, Im pretty sure he wont get deported officially. He may lose his job due to politics & pressure and have to leave the USA because of his lack of a Visa, but I would be disappointed if a country that promotes freedom of speech officially deported him.

Freedom of speech is a good thing, but it just rubs me the wrong way when a non citizen can enter a foreign land and start dictating against long standing traditions and laws. If he became a citizen I would applaud him for taking a stand (even though I do not agree with it). Like someone else said, I wonder how much of an uproar it would cause if an american landed a job with the BBC news crew and started bashing the Royal Family as a waste of time and money. It would not go over well and he/she would probably be jobless and on a plane home quickly. I just find it strange.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        Freedom of speech is a good thing, but it just rubs me the wrong way when a non citizen can enter a foreign land and start dictating against long standing traditions and laws. If he became a citizen I would applaud him for taking a stand (even though I do not agree with it). Like someone else said, I wonder how much of an uproar it would cause if an american landed a job with the BBC news crew and started bashing the Royal Family as a waste of time and money. It would not go over well and he/she would probably be jobless and on a plane home quickly. I just find it strange.
        I hear what you are saying and I agree to a degree.
        The Royal Family is a different argument from the way I see it to a law on guns, but I suppose you can look at it as both the Royal Family and the USA gun laws were forced on us without our opinions.

I would like to think most educated Brits would take a good argument from a foreign person based on its merits and not on where his or her passport was issued, but I know that's an idealist vision and not reality.

Good luck to America either way, It doesn't affect me whatever is decided if I'm honest, but I think we can all agree that kids don't deserve to be shot at school...or anywhere for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
          I hear what you are saying and I agree to a degree.
          The Royal Family is a different argument from the way I see it to a law on guns, but I suppose you can look at it as both the Royal Family and the USA gun laws were forced on us without our opinions.

I would like to think most educated Brits would take a good argument from a foreign person based on its merits and not on where his or her passport was issued, but I know that's an idealist vision and not reality.

Good luck to America either way, It doesn't affect me whatever is decided if I'm honest, but I think we can all agree that kids don't deserve to be shot at school...or anywhere for that matter.
          For sure kids do not deserve to be shot. That was a tragedy. Here in Canada they tried tougher gun laws, but they now are loosening them quite a bit because they do not work. It was a bandaid approach. More people die from Drunk Drivers every year than guns. They need to find a long term solution. Something that may take generations to fix. There are many depressed and paranoid people in society. Guns are tools, if somehow, they could actually remove that specific tool (which I doubt), there are others that could be just as effective. They could spend billions upon billions on trying to removing guns from the common man, or take some of that money and apply it to try to improve mental health of a population. They could start it with the young and then see if time will at least have a real effect. It is a cultural healing that is needed.

Comment

68 thousand people want him deported from a population that is about 315 million.

Comment

Hope someone pushes him out of a helicopter into the Atlantic.

Comment

You mean when the americans come over to europe during the ryder cup and start insulting our players and dictating against long standing traditions of politeness and respect.

Comment

For sure kids do not deserve to be shot. That was a tragedy. Here in Canada they tried tougher gun laws, but they now are loosening them quite a bit because they do not work. It was a bandaid approach. More people die from Drunk Drivers every year than guns. They need to find a long term solution. Something that may take generations to fix. There are many depressed and paranoid people in society. Guns are tools, if somehow, they could actually remove that specific tool (which I doubt), there are others that could be just as effective. They could spend billions upon billions on trying to removing guns from the common man, or take some of that money and apply it to try to improve mental health of a population. They could start it with the young and then see if time will at least have a real effect. It is a cultural healing that is needed.
                  gun control works. Numbers don't lie

Number of Murders, United States, 2009: 15,241

Number of Murders by Firearms, US, 2009: 9,146

Number of Murders, Britain, 2008*: 648
                  (Since Britain’s population is 1/5 that of US, this is equivalent to 3,240 US murders)

Number of Murders by[pdf] firearms, Britain, 2008* 39
                  (equivalent to 195 US murders)

*The Home office reported murder statistics in the UK for the 12 months to March 2009, but these are 12-month figures).

For more on murder by firearms in Britain, see the BBC.

The international comparisons show conclusively that fewer gun owners per capita produce not only fewer murders by firearm, but fewer murders per capita over all. In the case of Britain, firearms murders are 48 times fewer than in the US.

Do hunters really need semi-automatic Glock hand guns? Is that how they roll in deer season? The US public doesn’t think so.

http://www.juancole.com/2011/01/over...-39-in-uk.html

Comment

deporting him won't do any good, I would lock him up in a room give him a .45 with one in the chamber and play some Little Wayne music over and over until he finds good use for the gun.

Comment

Please please pleeeeeeeeeeeease keep the ****!!

Comment

Working...
                      X