Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fight would you rather see? GGG vs Martinez or GGG vs Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martinez vs GGG first, then (win or loss)
    Chavez vs GGG > Ward vs GGG
    &
    Martinez vs Canelo > Martinez vs Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
      Ya, I can see that actually.
      You can understand the question it two different ways:

1) Which fight do you think should happen ( for me, Maravilla)

2) Which fight do you think the best to watch/most competitive (Ward)

The vaguries of language make it unclear which is meant by the TS.

I think Maravilla (unless he has been somehow rejuvenated) will lose, and badly, to GGG, and it pains me that his epic heart will mean that he could get seriously hurt. However, the fight is almost a necessary ritual handing of the torch, as well as the honourable and timely bowing out of a great champion.

Golovkin -Ward would be the more competitive fight, and the one of the only fights at MW and SMW where I would be unsure of Golovkin winning - and in fact (depending on how 'Dre looks next fight) might put GGG as the underdog. But in the sense of being the more 'real' fight, Ward would have to be the one I'd most like to see.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        It sucks because at this point Golovkin either won't get Martinez and will be criticized unfairly for it, or will get no credit because Martinez is old and hurt.

Still important the fight happens though.

Martinez wins UD

Comment

I voted for Martinez. He can take care of Ward later after he knocks Martinez out.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            You can understand the question it two different ways:

1) Which fight do you think should happen ( for me, Maravilla)

2) Which fight do you think the best to watch/most competitive (Ward)

The vaguries of language make it unclear which is meant by the TS.

I think Maravilla (unless he has been somehow rejuvenated) will lose, and badly, to GGG, and it pains me that his epic heart will mean that he could get seriously hurt. However, the fight is almost a necessary ritual handing of the torch, as well as the honourable and timely bowing out of a great champion.

Golovkin -Ward would be the more competitive fight, and the one of the only fights at MW and SMW where I would be unsure of Golovkin winning - and in fact (depending on how 'Dre looks next fight) might put GGG as the underdog. But in the sense of being the more 'real' fight, Ward would have to be the one I'd most like to see.
            I agree,

Ward is the fight I, as a fan, want to see. Martinez is the fight that makes the most sense.

At this stage Golovkin is likely to beat Sergio and become the linear champion at MW. As for GGG beating Ward, as fascinating as it is, I don't think it's gonna happen.

But you never know for sure in boxing.

Comment

GGG-Martinez makes more sense to me because GGG and Martinez is in the same weight class. It is better to become the champion of the division you are in before moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
                So most of you guys would want to watch Sergio vs GGG over GGG vs Ward? He didn't ask which order should he fight them in. He asked which fight would you rather see.
                Ward vs GGG is 10 times a better match up. To me atleast.
                damn right. as for now, Sergio vs Gennady. even at Sergios prime, i'd still favour Gennady

Comment

Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
                  damn right. as for now, Sergio vs Gennady. even at Sergios prime, i'd still favour Gennady
                  Agree

I love sergio and see him landing quite a few st8 lefts against GGG, but he has never been untouchable. I don't think he'd survive GGG's touches.

Comment

Working...
                  X