Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Monthly Feb 2010, has Mayweather beating Pacquiao!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lloyd Banks View Post
    the expert believed that cotto fight will be hard and a win for cotto agiast pac-u.

the public belived this fight is 3 to 1 in pac-u's favour.....

experts can be wrong
    I never said we should take the 'experts' word as gospel, i was just sharing what they said. I wanted to see what we thought the outcome would be on here.

Comment

close fight, i think pac's speed, movement, and work rate will beat mayweather. in floyds latest fight's he doesn't move a lot or throw a lot of punches, i really think that will hurt him against manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballllin View Post
        Lmao... now thats some kung fu **** right there 10 punchers per second????

like the other poster says, if u cant find him then none of that "speed" matters, u have to watch how maywether fights, he does a lot of things in the ring that u may not understand, he doesnt have the best defense for nothing, people dont land a low percentage on him for nothing, it is much more than shoulder roll's and making people miss
        i agree but he has not fought a guy of manny's caliber before, and castillo did get to him and i think floyd was better than, more active. but that goes both way's, however you can't really compare old manny fights cause he has improved so much in the past couple years, moving up in weight has benefited him and his combo's are so much better than back in the day.

Comment

we all know floyd is gonna expose little pac

Comment

What in the world makes people think Floyd would backpedal against Pacquiao? No way.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              What in the world makes people think Floyd would backpedal against Pacquiao? No way.
              Corrct me if i'm wrong but it seems to me that Floyd has always backpedaled, and looking at some of the bombs Manny has been landing recently, i get the idea Floyd ain't gonna stand around.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                I don't know. Also, in his history of fighting southpaws he usually applies more pressure than normally does.

Comment

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
                  we all know pac is gonna expose the fraud jr.
                  I fixed what you were tryin'to say..

Comment

Originally posted by John-Locke-9-22 View Post
                    Corrct me if i'm wrong but it seems to me that Floyd has always backpedaled, and looking at some of the bombs Manny has been landing recently, i get the idea Floyd ain't gonna stand around.
                    Floyd can box going backwards and has - most notably against Castillo and Baldomir, for instance. He's also perfectly capable of coming forward and being the aggressor (Judah, Corley...actually, most of his fights).

But what I don't understand is the reasoning that he's going to backpedal just because Pac is throwing bombs. Like Bernard Hopkins said, "if someone has a gun, you have a better chance by staying close to the person, not running away because that's how they can catch you." Typically, Floyd stays close to lefties. And the underrated aspect of his game (and perhaps Manny's weakest) is fighting on the inside. Floyd will jab on the outside but he'll want to keep Manny close; like phone booth close, where Pac can't use his excellent footwork to catch him from weird angles and where Mayweather can go to work. I don't see him fighting on the outside as much as people are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by John-Locke-9-22 View Post
                      no he has not always backpadaled John. If you notice, when he has fought the bigger fighters, his style is more of moving and boxing, rather than "backpedaling". This can be seen in his fights with JLC, Chico, Baldo, DHL. Its pure boxing, where he has great movement, to offset his opponents size.

Comment

Working...
                      X