Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War Pacquiao and JMM!

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      This mentality here bothers me..the assumption that because you like a particular fighter at the moment you aren't a genuine boxing fan.. This is a mentality usually found amongst most pacquaio haters!! So Roy Jones JR doesn't know anything about boxing because he like Pacquaio, same for chavez sr, same for countless other boxing legends who have professed they are fans of pacquaio? I mean really..I loved watching Duran fight too..because he was a brawler does that make me any less legitimate as a fan of the sport? I also like Ray Leonard i'm sure to you that makes me a legit boxing fan..what if I said I like both mayweather and pacquaio? What if I said over them both Cotto is my favorite boxer because he's never run from a showdown? It's time folks with this mentality get their heads out of their asses and stop assuming that just because you like boxing it automatically makes you a casual fan. Not everyone loves the mayweather brand and style of boxing..same reason why there are 4 categories to action films..different levels of action..this is what makes the sport awesome..you can watch two guys style off on each other followed by two guys going to war with each other. Because you love to go to war in the ring doesn't make you a bad boxer..it makes you a thrilling boxer. Because you like to stick move and weave doesn't make you a boring boxer it makes you a boxer people watch and study. None of those cases makes a fan of any of those 4 guys a casual fan by default. If you want to call people casual fans talk to those who turned to boxing when Kimbo Slice joined boxing..that at it's core is a casual fan. So lets say tomorrow the bronners and mayweathers and other stylistic fighters said screw it i'm changing up to being a brawler because it's better for business would that make you a casual fan for being a fan of them? This day and age boxers have a ton of b.s. to go into the mainstream..many of those guys have had to change their fight styles to appeal to a larger audience. In all honesty most ppl paying for ppv want to see someone get their ass whopped more so than to watch a boxing clinic..it's good to mix the two which promoters are now noticing. If you watched the canelo fight you'd see the undercard encompassed both styles to please all fans.
      You'd probably be suprised to know that I agree with you. I wrote my post out of frustration because I hear all of these non-sense comments from Pac-fans about how Marquez is a bum, a runner, a piss-drinker, etc. And my crude comments about "chickens" and "dogs" was also a reaction to that non-sense. The fact is that Pac and JMM have fought 3 extremely close fights. All 3 could have gone either way, so when a person says, "Ha Ha Marquez drinks piss and never knocked Manny down", this shows me that they are not a legitimate fan of the sport. They are just a fan of Pacquiao himself and probably couldn't even name the 10 best fighters in the game. Its all about insults and ad-hominem attacks, so I returned the favor. Boxing is not a knock-down contest and no-one has proved that either Pac or JMM is on PEDs, so lets just celebrate them both as 2 of the greatest of this era and have given us real fans some of the best high-level fights in history.

Comment

Originally posted by PacmanP4PLegend View Post
        GETTEM PAC!! Take this fool to school...
        When has this ever happened. Pac can be tenacious but schooling.....no.

Comment

When u get hit

When they get hit by Pacman suddenly they ran back with their bicycle and just box to survive... Hmmn...

Comment

Originally posted by Tony B. View Post
            You'd probably be suprised to know that I agree with you. I wrote my post out of frustration because I hear all of these non-sense comments from Pac-fans about how Marquez is a bum, a runner, a piss-drinker, etc. And my crude comments about "chickens" and "dogs" was also a reaction to that non-sense. The fact is that Pac and JMM have fought 3 extremely close fights. All 3 could have gone either way, so when a person says, "Ha Ha Marquez drinks piss and never knocked Manny down", this shows me that they are not a legitimate fan of the sport. They are just a fan of Pacquiao himself and probably couldn't even name the 10 best fighters in the game. Its all about insults and ad-hominem attacks, so I returned the favor. Boxing is not a knock-down contest and no-one has proved that either Pac or JMM is on PEDs, so lets just celebrate them both as 2 of the greatest of this era and have given us real fans some of the best high-level fights in history.
            You misconstrued what fan means bro. "FAN" is short for fanatic.
            Last edited by marikudo; 10-04-2012, 09:48 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              War Pacquiao and JMM!
              after three fights and number four on the way I'm with you on this...
              War JMM & Pacquiao!!!...

Comment

Working...
              X