Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Broner another Jeff Lacy/Danny Jacobs hype job?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner is much more hyped than those guys were. None of them were placed on the pound for pound list; Jacobs wasn't even a beltholder--his hype was more similar to Panchito Bojado's than Broner's.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
      We've seen a lot of hyped up fighters in recent years who ultimately failed to live up to that hype... The US possibly offering the most hype jobs in Jeff Lacy, Danny Jacobs, Timothy Bradley, James Kirkland, Kelly Pavlik etc.. With Europe's offerings including Lucian Bute and Robert Helenius to name a few.

Is Broner another hype job or do you think he could be the real deal?
      wow.. you really have no clue what hypejob is do you?

lucian bute is one of the best SMWs in the world, he lost to the second best SMW who also is one of the best 10 fighters p4p. no shame in that at all, he has a decent resume too. he got a bit overhyped, ppl got ahead of themselves as usual but hes no hypejob. hes world class. danny jacobs lost to a good fighter too, again he was overhyped but not a complete hypejob. or atleast its too soon to say.

bradley? are you serious? he only lost once and it was too fcking pacquiao, all in all hes got a very good resume and is one of the 10 or 15 best fighters in the world p4p. not only that but he got there the hard way fighting his way to the top against one high risk low reward oponent after the next. in what universe is he a hypejob?

i could keep going but i will just answer you misguided querstion instead. no broner isnt a hypejob, in fact he already proved that. you never know just how far a fighter will go, some ppl think he will be an atg. that might not be the case but that doesnt make him a hypejob, there are always ppl with lofty expectations right off the bat.

a real hypejob is plain garbage, like lacy or helenius. broner clearly knows how to fight, hes clearly world class. that means he isnt a hypejob regardless if he lives up to the highest expectations or not.

Comment

No he's going to be very good.
        Last edited by Barn; 12-29-2012, 10:43 AM. Reason: poor word choice

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          You guys still don't see it? Both Jacobs and Lacy were both talked about exactly like Broner is now at some point in their careers.
          I'm not sure about Lacy, because I wasn't on the forums back then, but I know Jacobs wasn't talked about like Broner is. Did Jacobs make it to the top 10 P4P list anywhere? I doubt it. I didn't know who Jacobs was until he fought that European guy that knocked him out. After that everyone was talking about that guy, but that died down and haven't heard about him since. Broner is only over hyped if he's not as good as people are saying he is. Time will tell.

Comment

Working...
          X