No announcement yet.

IMO Golovkin won't get a fight with Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    golovking has a world title belt, is ranked #2 in the division, and he's been on hbo twice. does murray have any of those accolades? no. does fernando guerrero have any of those accolades? no. yet they are getting big fights. they are getting big fights for the simple fact that they aren't golovking.
    Who did he beat to get those titles? Big time guys and big time names right?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Gaele dropped his title to avoid Golovkin already. Now that Soloiman beat Sturm as well, another Ausie super fight or Sturm rematch is probably up next
      Soliman supposedly failed post fight tests so that's uncertain what's going on what other real options are there?

I still think he's the most likely of all the notable names to take the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I understand what you are saying and you are giving GGG. a great compliment. But he is not even a big 160 pounder so it is fair. What would be unfair would be for him to be forced to fight above his natural weight class to get the big fights. If he can KO the best middleweights in the world he should get the chance to do it just like Roberto Duran did at lightweight. Maybe you are being sarcastic and think GGG. is overrated. I can't tell for sure.
        lol, yeah man I was being a smartass

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Who did he beat to get those titles? Big time guys and big time names right?
          he was sturms mandatory for years. sturm never fought him. aka sturm forfeited. he was geale's mandatory and geale didn't fight him. geale forfeited.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            What lies??????
            "just call out top fighters and if they don't respond " oh well it's ducking"
            This^^^

All of the top fighters had either done something, like drop a belt, or said no to avoid fighting Golovkin. Its been explained to you a million times in many threads but you ignore it.

Here, top MW's for you, pathetic

Originally posted by HeroBando
            Ok let me give you the timeline

1. Start out promoted by Universum, who don't give a **** about him, mostly interested in shielding Sturm from him and other legit comp
            2. GG tries to break out of contract, gets sued. Cannot fight in Germany or the US while in limbo, fights twice in Panama
            3. Wins interim title 2 years ago. That means he is no longer ranked by the other bodies
            4. K2 turn up the heat on the WBA for shot vs regular champ. Sturm buys super title to get a break
            5. New interim champ NJikam skips purse bid when ordered to fight GG, drop title. Mandatory contender Mundine also skips purse bid, gives up spot
            5. More pressure on WBA, Sturm attempts to unify, loses.
            6. GG gets 2 HBO dates, nobody wants a shot at his title. Macklin rather takes Alcine on deep ppv undercard for half the money and no title shot.
            7. Rubio said no to the fight and Vera was rejected by HBO
            8. Pirog broke his back and pulled out from the fight
            9. Hearns and Barker admit Golovkin is the guy to stay away from, eyes andy lee instead
            10. Quillin says Golovkin isnt a big name and brings nothing to the table......signs to fight Guerrero
            11. Dibella states Golovkin is "A fight that economically makes no sense" for Sergio, then signs to fight Murray
            12. Macklin Turns down June 2013 fight because he only fought 1 round in 15 months
            Last edited by Russian Crushin; 04-01-2013, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              golovking has a world title belt, is ranked #2 in the division, and he's been on hbo twice. does murray have any of those accolades? no. does fernando guerrero have any of those accolades? no. yet they are getting big fights. they are getting big fights for the simple fact that they aren't golovking.
              I think Golovkin's good but it's funny you use the Ranking's when it suits you.

Who has Golovkin beaten to deserve that ranking?

Comment

Hbo has stated they wanna push him,he should talk to hbo and try and force a fight with Martinez. Or go to showtime like everyone else. An ultimatum bet they will close Martinez in . Hbo IMO is already planning on feeding Martinez to GGG. His style is more popular and they are both non American

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  This^^^

All of the top fighters had either done something, like drop a belt, or said no to avoid fighting Golovkin. Its been explained to you a million times in many threads but you ignore it.

Here, top MW's for you, pathetic
                  So that's a lie to you? Wow, let me quote it for you in simple terms... Here it goes " If they don't respond (which means if the fighter or fighters don't make the fight at that time" it means ducking... I don't mean literally " if they don't respond like if they didn't say yes or no" lol oh my God!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    So that's a lie to you? Wow, let me quote it for you in simple terms... Here it goes " If they don't respond (which means if the fighter or fighters don't make the fight at that time" it means ducking... I don't mean literally " if they don't respond like if they didn't say yes or no" lol oh my God!
                    The top 15 top MWs are collectively dont want to fight Golovkin, and your best justification is "they dont wanna make the fight now" you're admitting they dont want to fight him and then criticizing Golovkin for not fighting the top guys

Do you not see the ridiculous contradiction?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      I think Golovkin's good but it's funny you use the Ranking's when it suits you.

Who has Golovkin beaten to deserve that ranking?
                      Who has beating better fighters? Quillin's win over Winky? 2 guys deserve to be above Golovkin, and they are Gaele and Sergio. Sergio is the champ so Golovkin is #2 contender

Comment

Working...
                      X