No announcement yet.

Do you guys have good credit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys have good credit?

I just checked my credit report and score for Experian[or whatever it's called] and it says i'm at low risk, and in the green, it says excellent. I won't give my score, but I thought I would have a terrible score, and it's actually pretty good. Still gotta get it up though. And the other two, i'm basically the same with all 3 credit bureaus. I'm at ease now, I was stressed out about my credit history for nothing.

high 700, low 800s

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      high 700, low 800s
      You're good, better than me and better than average. The average score is 723 in the U.S.

Comment

I'm working on my second investment property so yes...

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          You're good, better than me and better than average. The average score is 723 in the U.S.

in my early 20s, it hovered around the high 600s...i never understood it...i always paid my bills on time and all of it...my credit cards, if i spent a grand that month, i paid a grand...credit stayed the same

then later on, i stopped doin the full payments and would just consistently dish out $300-400 payments and boom, credit score goes up

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            in my early 20s, it hovered around the high 600s...i never understood it...i always paid my bills on time and all of it...my credit cards, if i spent a grand that month, i paid a grand...credit stayed the same

then later on, i stopped doin the full payments and would just consistently dish out $300-400 payments and boom, credit score goes up
            So the more you waited to pay, the better your score got when you did actually pay it?

A friend of mine who works for AT&T told me companies actually don't like when payments are made quickly, because they want the interest to build up.

Comment

So the more you waited to pay, the better your score got when you did actually pay it?

A friend of mine who works for AT&T told me companies actually don't like when payments are made quickly, because they want the interest to build up.

i'm far from a credit expert but that's what i think it was...apparently, consistent payments of $300-400 every month shows more to credit bureaus than a payment of $1000 then no charges the next month

basically, i was buying credit by gaining interest

Comment

Seems to help your credit when you make the minimum payment which is strange.

My credit score is in the 700's(this week ).

Comment

My mom used my name to get a credit card when I was like 8 and never paid it..

So no, I don't have good credit.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Big Smoke~ View Post
                    My mom used my name to get a credit card when I was like 8 and never paid it..

So no, I don't have good credit.
                    You're kidding?

Comment

Working...
                    X