Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How great of a athlete is Bernard Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How great of a athlete is Bernard Hopkins?

I'd like to see some of your guys answers before I give my own.

Very few can achieve what Bhop has , to box elite level at his age is remarkable .

Comment

I honestly do not like the guy. I find him really boring as well

Comment

If he isnt on PEDS he is remarkable. He is an inspiration.

Comment

It depends what comes under the umbrella term of "athleticism". If you include all physical attributes, then he's incredibly athletically gifted. If you take away certain aspects, like the 'hard-nosed, never been down' aspect of his boxing totality then I think he's very, very good, but not special. Roy Jones is special. LeBron James is special. It's down to the fast twitch muscles and other **** like that. Bernard's real gift, his greatest aspect, is his boxing brain. His longevity obviously has to be taken into question, but I think his clean living has as much to do with that as genetic propensity/athletic ability.

Comment

a great athlete.

more important is his incredible hard work and dedication to the game for over twenty years. I don't think people really grasp the amount of discipline to do what he has done over such a long period of time. he wasn't as naturally gifted as many others but he achieved more because of these things.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Here is the thing...10-15 years ago BHop was blackballed by every major promoter and ESPN really hated him...ESPN really hated him for the outspoken black man he is...I knew exactly how he fought then and loved his excruciating drag you down style and he still fights the same way today...it geeks me out to see guys calling BHop a living legend out one side of their mouth while indicting "boring" fighters with the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  Here is the thing...10-15 years ago BHop was blackballed by every major promoter and ESPN really hated him...ESPN really hated him for the outspoken black man he is...I knew exactly how he fought then and loved his excruciating drag you down style and he still fights the same way today...it geeks me out to see guys calling BHop a living legend out one side of their mouth while indicting "boring" fighters with the other side.
                  Dude, if Richard Abril fights like he does until he's 47, I'll respect him even if I hate him. "Watchable" doesn't have to go hand in hand with "legend".

Comment

Working...
                  X