No announcement yet.

Morales vs Corrales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morales vs Corrales

Erik Morales and the late Diego Corrales almost signed to fight back in 2004, who would win and why? First off what a great fight, two real warriors man. I remember first thinking about this fight in late 2000 i think, they shared a card when Corrales blasted out Angel Manfredy and looked great doing it at superfeather while one division down at Feather Morales took apart Kevin Kelly over 7. Then in 03 - 04 Morales stepped up to super feather and destroyed Guty Espadas Jnr in 3 followed by his WBC title win over Jesus Chavez. Corrales had just avenged his loss to Joel Cassamayor over 12, it was at this point a fight was mooted and Diego seemed very keen. As it went tho Arum had Morales fight Hernandez and Corrales moved up to beat the hell outta Acelino Freitas and nothing more was heard of it.

Shame as these are two of the greatest action fighters of recent years and a great fight was alll but gaurenteed.

Morales was a better fighter but Chico had about 3inches on him in height, was the bigger man naturally and had the edge in power.

How would it go?

Tough ask for Morales --- Corrales was plainly a bigger man, & would foster in Morales the latter's desire for a war. Big chance Morales goes for it & gets done in by Corrales' herculean punch, but Morales could box some, to say the least, & if he fought disciplined, he was the better fighter as clearly as he was the smaller one.

I'll take Corrales, tentatively, to spark him at some point, though.

Comment

I think ElTerrible's penchant for a Fight could cost him against the bigger harder punching Corrales too. Then again i said the same about the heavy handed Maidana and an Old Morales....

I think like u Erik had the tools to outbox Corrales, not like Floyd but enough to get the nod on the cards but i see more of a war than a boxing match.

My pick Chico TKO 8-9

Comment

Morales UD.

He's simply a better fighter than Corrales. Although Corrales is the bigger man, his boxing skills and sheer ability will take him to a comfortable descion, IMO.

He would evidently get into exchanges with Corrales but I think he would hold his own in them when he had to. He had an exceptional chin and I really don't see Corrales stopping Morales.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Morales UD.

He's simply a better fighter than Corrales. Although Corrales is the bigger man, his boxing skills and sheer ability will take him to a comfortable descion, IMO.

He would evidently get into exchanges with Corrales but I think he would hold his own in them when he had to. He had an exceptional chin and I really don't see Corrales stopping Morales.
          Spot on.....

Comment

I have to challenge the idea that Morales isn't vulnerable to Corrales' power.

Comment

It rhymes

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
                I have to challenge the idea that Morales isn't vulnerable to Corrales' power.
                Morales had a chin and a half but Corrales was a SERIOUS Puncher, Erik was badly hurt against lesser punchers and smaller men. I think Arum and team Morales did well to swerve this fight

I must add tho a Morales win wouldnt have shocked me, its just that Chico is my pick

Comment

Corrales has a punch, but Morales is all but invulnerable to one shot. Past his prime, he not only took Pacquiao's heaviest shots (at super feather, where Pacquiao was a devastating puncher) but welcomed the war and came out on top. You can go ahead and rule out a KO. And Morales is the superior technician...I have to go with Morales by UD after an unforgettable fight.

Comment

Chico was too big/strong/big puncher for Erik. He couldn't take too many of those bodyshots from Chico and would either quit in the corner or get stopped by TKO. He'd make a valiant effort no doubt, but without much effect. Chico could take loads of punishment too.

Comment

Working...
                    X