Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you really blame on the U.S. economy.Democrats,Republicans or Homeowners?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you really blame on the U.S. economy.Democrats,Republicans or Homeowners?

I just wanna hear some opinions. To me its the homeowners. They should have known if they could handle the mortgage even if the rates went up, not like they didn't know it would. They're not little kids, they are big boys and girls to make up their own decisions.
    Republicans
    40.00%
    Democrats
    30.00%
    Homeowners
    30.00%

The bush administration and the greedy real estate market

Comment

everyone has their own faults.

regulation on the part of the govt and greed on the banks and the homeowners

Comment

home owners who buy houses they cannot afford

Comment

We're past blame.

The Treasury's bailout proposal to Congress would provide the Treasury Secretary the power to buy up any assets he sees fit, hire anyone he wants to do it, appoint private companies as financial deputies, and write whatever regulations he thinks are needed.

A direct quote from the bailout bill:

"Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency."

A trillion dollars for Bush (via SecTreas) to hand out to his billionaire buddies -- the people who caused this ****ing mess in the first place -- with NO oversight and NO accountability?

This thing needs to be stopped. We need to be on the phone to our congresspeople right the **** now.

Go here. http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/about.html

Comment

When the markets opened up, mortgage companies flooded the hood. I don't know how much you guys know about this stuff but the cooperations intended to target the ghetto. I mean like there was a meeting and a chart and a demographic...They knew that people in the ghetto had no idea what they were getting into.

So yes ..........its the homeowners fault.

Comment

Stick to boxing verse. You are out of your league here. You have to seperate politics and economics, then figure in the influences that the government does have on the economy. The **** that is coming out of politician's mouth, just discard it. It's not "republicans" and it's not "democrats". It's how consumers and businesses spend money. Especially how they spend money they don't have aka credit and loans. The housing bubble had to bust sooner or later. Now, all of the okey dokes who where running up the borrowed money are in trouble and can't pay their mortgage. Had saving been as important as spending the story would be completely different. The rule is simple. Save and invest now consume a greater amount later. What is ****ed up is the trend goes from the consumer right up to the stock market. I'm personally on my way to go kick somebody from the fincancial markets in the nuts.

Comment

What is funny to me is that there were highly educated peopled who believed that these people were actually going to pay their mortgage when the rates adjusted up.

Comment

Originally posted by rambov View Post
                  When the markets opened up, mortgage companies flooded the hood. I don't know how much you guys know about this stuff but the cooperations intended to target the ghetto. I mean like there was a meeting and a chart and a demographic...They knew that people in the ghetto had no idea what they were getting into.

So yes ..........its the homeowners fault.
                  I wonder why all these ghetto ****ers started moving by my parents house. Then a lot of **** was getting stolen around the houses. My parents live in a good part of town. ahaha. Now I know.

Comment

Originally posted by KingDosia View Post
                    Stick to boxing verse. You are out of your league here. You have to seperate politics and economics, then figure in the influences that the government does have on the economy. The **** that is coming out of politician's mouth, just discard it. It's not "republicans" and it's not "democrats". It's how consumers and businesses spend money. Especially how they spend money they don't have aka credit and loans. The housing bubble had to bust sooner or later. Now, all of the okey dokes who where running up the borrowed money are in trouble and can't pay their mortgage. Had saving been as important as spending the story would be completely different. The rule is simple. Save and invest now consume a greater amount later. What is ****ed up is the trend goes from the consumer right up to the stock market. I'm personally on my way to go kick somebody from the fincancial markets in the nuts.
                    I haven't boxed in more then 3 months and I do like politics. I'm just going by what a lot of news channels are blaming. Well they didn't say homeowners but they should have.

Comment

Working...
                    X