No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Doors Remain Wide Open To All Promoters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Good Boy View Post
    Because you won't back it up. I've looked and I don't see anything about HBO barely breaking even. This would be big news. Care to share your source?
    .. Ok, we're running in circles now. I really don't need a source, what I said is what I said based on how HBO chose NOT to match the contract Showtime gave him. My point was that the networks make the majority of their money off monthly subscriptions and not off PPV events. If you think I made an incorrect comment then YOU need to provide a source proving my comment is wrong, and if I happen to be wrong I'll gladly admit I was.. But until then
    Last edited by jso416; 03-23-2013, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      HBO is falling off they lost the NFL contract to showtime don't have biggest show anymore Homeland is on showtime and now the biggest boxing fights are on Showtime along with MMA
      Game of Thrones alone does way bigger numbers then anything on Showtime. The NFL contract is a bigger loss then Floyd was though, I can admit that much. Still, viewers don't necessarily have to subscribe to Showtime when they can get their fair share of NFL programming from ESPN, NFL Network, etc.

Comment

HBO makes money off their PPVs, just not as much as they'd like. They're certainly not losing money or just breaking even. HBO didn't carry all those Pac and Floyd PPVs just to break even. C'mon, common sense. Yes, the networks make the majority of their money off subscriptions, which is why they'd love to carry the bigtime fights on their regular channel, but fighters and promoters prefer the PPV model because it gives them a bigger share of the pie. With that said, it's hard to call yourself the premier network for boxing when you've blacklisted so many of the sport's top talents. I don't expect HBO or GBP for that matter to maintain this position for very long. The two companies make more money together than separately. In the end, the bottom line speaks the loudest.

Comment

Originally posted by jso416 View Post
          .. Ok, we're running in circles now. I really don't need a source, what I said is what I said based on how HBO chose NOT to match the contract Showtime gave him. My point was that the networks make the majority of their money off monthly subscriptions and not off PPV events. If you think I made an incorrect comment then YOU need to provide a source proving my comment is wrong, and if I happen to be wrong I'll gladly admit I was.. But until then
          So really you don't know fck all about it and are just speculating Nice try though.

come back with solid evidence first next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            HBO is falling off they lost the NFL contract to showtime don't have biggest show anymore Homeland is on showtime and now the biggest boxing fights are on Showtime along with MMA
            Good point about that. I wasn't even talking about their programs, I was talking about their boxing program in specific.

HBO is where the big fights are. thats not the case anymore. and I said HBO will be fine without Floyd/Canelo/broner but Showtime now has the better fighters on it.

just how it is

Comment

So let me get this right Ken Hershman is saying that he is willing to work with all promoters and you guys dont even see hes backtracking from what he said lol.

You think its not a big deal to lose Floyd? When the Pacquiao went to Showtime for one fight the last guy got fired.

BOTTOM LINE. When HBO sees the buy rate combined with the ratings for all the mayweather documentaries and the ad revenue generated from them showing the fight on CBS 2 weeks after the ppv Ken Hershmann will be jobless and. GBP will get a call from the new boxing guy at HBO.

BANK ON IT.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
                So let me get this right Ken Hershman is saying that he is willing to work with all promoters and you guys dont even see hes backtracking from what he said lol.

You think its not a big deal to lose Floyd? When the Pacquiao went to Showtime for one fight the last guy got fired.

BOTTOM LINE. When HBO sees the buy rate combined with the ratings for all the mayweather documentaries and the ad revenue generated from them showing the fight on CBS 2 weeks after the ppv Ken Hershmann will be jobless and. GBP will get a call from the new boxing guy at HBO.

BANK ON IT.
                Exactly. If HBO were OK with Floyd leaving they wouldn't have tried to blacklist GBP immediately.

Comment

Exactly. If HBO were OK with Floyd leaving they wouldn't have tried to blacklist GBP immediately.
                  Ken Hershman knows he effed up by saying hes not in the GBP business and hes doing the right thing trying to fix it by saying hes open to all promoters (hes really saying im open to GBP because he was already working with "All promoters")

Its too little too late he drew a line in the sand without having anything to leverage it with.

1 month after Floyd vs Guerrero he will be jobless.

Ohhh its true.

Comment

Ken Hershman and Bob Arum are only working together because of one reason which I shall not name. Certain people stick together.

Comment

So really you don't know fck all about it and are just speculating Nice try though.

come back with solid evidence first next time.
                      Neither do you dimwit.. So really you don't know fck about it and was just speculating as well as far all that money you claim HBO will be losing on Floyd's PPV events right dummy??? ..

Or do you have "solid evidence" to prove your comment to be a fact??.. Of course not. My God you're an idiot .. Nice try though.
                      Last edited by jso416; 03-23-2013, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X