No announcement yet.

The beatles are racist...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Triggerhapppy View Post
    Thats easy for you stay say because your not black. Never judge a black man until you walk in his shoes.
    this is an example of an insecure black person

Comment

I was talking to an older guy at work and told him i liked the beatles but never got around to listening to much of Lennon's solo stuff.

He recommended i dl some time in new york city as it was quite political at the time and told a good story

The opening track - Woman is the ****** of the world. Lennon tried to explain that the word "******" was being used in an allegorical sense and not as an affront to black people. But it got banned by most radio stations

Comment

Some Time in New York City is not John Lennon's greatest solo work. Basically because of the influence of Yoko Ono on the album. The only decent song, The Luck of the Irish, was ruined by her. "let's walk over rainbows like lephrecauns, the world would be one big blarney stone". What the f_ck is that about? A political song and that's what Yoko has to offer. Woman is the N_gger of the World is good, for the shock value lol.

Walls and Bridges is most definately Lennon's greatest solo work. During his "lost weekend". Basically about a year he spent on this p_ss on the other side of the country from Yoko Ono, after splitting up with her. Rock n' Roll is a great album also, just for all the real classic rock & roll covers on there.

Comment

Originally posted by White Briton View Post
          Some Time in New York City is not John Lennon's greatest solo work. Basically because of the influence of Yoko Ono on the album. The only decent song, The Luck of the Irish, was ruined by her. "let's walk over rainbows like lephrecauns, the world would be one big blarney stone". What the f_ck is that about? A political song and that's what Yoko has to offer. Woman is the N_gger of the World is good, for the shock value lol.

Walls and Bridges is most definately Lennon's greatest solo work. During his "lost weekend". Basically about a year he spent on this p_ss on the other side of the country from Yoko Ono, after splitting up with her. Rock n' Roll is a great album also, just for all the real classic rock & roll covers on there.
          Yoko actually found the girl (their maid i think?) and told her to be his mistress right before they split. How ****ed up is that?

Comment

i liked sunday bloody sunday, havent heard all the album yet, this thread just reminded me i still have to dl it

Comment

You forgot 'John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band'; that one has to be in the convo if we're talking about his Greatest solo.

'Walls And Bridges' is Great and underrated; 'Old Dirt Road', 'Bless You', 'Scared', #9 Dream', 'Steel And Glass', 'Nobody Loves You (When You're Down And Out)', stunning.

'Rock N Roll' is also highly underrated...I agree with that, too.

Those three are his best solo LP's, IMO.

Comment

Damn I love the Beatles, their music never fails to put me in a good mood.

McCartney has some very good solo stuff too. I was in the cinema in Iceland the other month and Band on the Run came on like, just before the trailers and that come on the screen, as we walked into the room thing. I was like "F_ck yea!! What a tune!!" The people I was with were just like "... the hell is this guys problem?" haha. Also, good old George Harrison has some very underrated stuff out there. His "All Things Must Pass" album seriously, is one of my favourite solo albums by Los Beatles. And last but... probably least. Ringo's new album, haha. A song named "Walk with You" ft. McCartney. Personally I think that counts as a Beatles song.

Comment

When I was a kid, we used to live over the road from a heroin dealer who would throw open the windows and play 'Ram' at top volume all day every day every Summer.

Kind of put me off that album for good.

Comment

Originally posted by MACAQUEINBLACK View Post
                    When I was a kid, we used to live over the road from a heroin dealer who would throw open the windows and play 'Ram' at top volume all day every day every Summer.

Kind of put me off that album for good.
                    When I was a kid, I used to do heroin. Shit was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Gore View Post
                      When I was a kid, I used to do heroin. Shit was amazing.

I stayed well clear of the H, but I remember being 13 and cruising round with that guy, his son, his fat buddy and some weekender in a car the fat buddy had 'taxed' off someone who owed him money. The son got his chin busted open on some concrete step at some point and we ended up at the hospital, two 13 year olds and three grown hard drug-users/criminals hijacking wheelchairs, chasing each other down the A&E aisles, into the winding labyrinth of hospital corridors, past patient wards and skanky looking operating-theatres, doing 'red-indian' calls.

Comment

Working...
                      X