No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thompson Vows To Destroy Fury vs. Price Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Thompson Vows To Destroy Fury vs. Price Showdown

TONY THOMPSON believes he is just days away from ruining all hopes of David Price and Tyson Fury meeting.

The American double world title challenger (36-3) meets British and Commonwealth champion Price (15-0) in a 12 round international heavyweight contest at Liverpool’s Echo Arena on Saturday February 23.

Price v Fury is the biggest domestic clash right now, and purses bids were due to be held on Wednesday, but Tyson pulled out.

Southpaw Thompson said: “Fury didn’t want to know when I said I was up for coming to England and boxing him, and at least David took the job.
    [Click Here To Read More]

War Thompson, check that chin!!!!

Comment

Tony's gonna go to sleep again (arm under head).

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        You know Price will put him to sleep way sooner than Wlad was able to either time.

Comment

Price wins a cautious snooze fest.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
            You know Price will put him to sleep way sooner than Wlad was able to either time.
            I wouldn't count on that. Even at 41, Thompson is a HUGE step up for Price.

We'll see how he does. A Thompson win wouldn't shock me. Losing to Wlad doesn't mean he's a mug.

Comment

Price will get rid of the tiger faster than Wlad managed.. early KO. Thompson is just coming for another payday

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                Price is a bit of a KO artist (at least vs older men), and the tiger is not exactly iron chinned. Price by KO.

Comment

I saw Thompson on box nation yesterday saying he took this fight to find out whether he should carry on in this game or not. Sounds like hes made up his mind to me but he did mention he wants to fight Vitali beofre he retires and if he wins that then a 3rd fight with Wlad.

Shows theres still abit of ambition there but the prospect of a 3rd Wvlad fight is unbearable. I think Price will save us from that and leave Thompson in his signature pose (fetal position with glove cushioning his head from the canvas with a concerned look on his face as if he is having a bad dream) in about 5 rounds

Comment

I wouldn't be shocked if Thompson pulls this off. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Comment

Working...
                    X