No announcement yet.

Sports Illustrated interview w/ Stephen Espinoza

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    SI.com: There is the perception that you guys have taken a financial bath on two of his three fights ...

Espinoza: It’s been puzzling hearing that. That characterization is so disconnected from the financial reality. It’s tough to combat that mischaracterization because we are not going to open our books for the general public to peruse and investigate at their leisure. But one thing is clear: If we weren’t successful with the events we have been doing, we would change. I’m not sure there is much I can do to combat the mischaracterization. It may continue. But we know internally here that the deal has been a huge success.
    But bro the nsb accountants say that's a lie. Show time is broke

Comment

He's fine with the Haymon mismatches. He's okay with Haymon-protected fighters not fighting each other. This guy is a Haymon puppet.

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
        The reality is the guys over at showtime are feeding us garbage at this present moment. So until the cards get better I won't be watching. I watch boxing for competitive fights not supposed "names" vs tuneups. Paul Williams just did and interview saying the state of boxing was depressing at this moment. I agree.
        which is more important for you-a fight be great on paper and you want to watch it and it sucks. or a fight sucks on paper, you watch it, and its great.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          But bro the nsb accountants say that's a lie. Show time is broke
          Even if they did take a bath in those 2 events, Espinoza would never admit it publically. This is the same guy who was saying Floyd/Guerrero did over 1mil buys.

Comment

This guy's business model is not geared towards benefiting subscribers as Duva noticed in one of her interviews. Showtime's focus is on PPVs, unlike HBO, which prefers non PPVs like this chart shows:

Last edited by al-Xander; 07-10-2014, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Hopefully he gets fired soon. His duck of Kovalev for Hopkins was pathetic and shameful

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                Hopefully he gets fired soon. His duck of Kovalev for Hopkins was pathetic and shameful
                That's a shining example of the difference between HBO and SHO. HBO would have made Stevenson vs Kovalev a non-PPV attraction. I have to wonder how many people bought Stevenson vs Fonfara on PPV weeks ago.

Comment

People like to complain too much, this was a good interview and people are never going to be happy with his answers no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                    This guy's business model is not geared towards benefiting subscribers as Duva noticed in one of her interviews. Showtime's focus is on PPVs, unlike HBO, which prefers non PPVs like this chart shows:

Hbo has more subscribers than show. But 5 of those fights from hbo are show time guys now. 4 of the top 7 are showtime fighters

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      which is more important for you-a fight be great on paper and you want to watch it and it sucks. or a fight sucks on paper, you watch it, and its great.
                      Whats important to me is the best fighting the best, they have all this talent over there and for no apparent reason there not fighting each other. Why? Why aren't these guys being matched 2gether? Broner, lucas, garcia, peterson, the ghost, all these fn fighters and there not fighting each other?

Comment

Working...
                      X