Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd knows boxing, himself and what needs to be done.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd knows boxing, himself and what needs to be done.

Does Floyd want to tackle a few things in one fight? Come back tuneup, win a title to not enter vs Pacman as the perceived challenger? Claim that he fought and beat a young, fast and strong opponent?

He probably knows that his most recent victories over Hatton, Marquez and Mosley would never prepare him for someone like Manny Pacquiao or Martinez. I am pretty sure Pacman is THE fight he's going for though.

We know that Floyd understands styles, but he's also stated in the past that the depth of his training also has an impact on his body. He's made all of his fights easy, but the grind still has an impact on his body. Not ever fighter's body has the same lifespan.

So I am almost wondering if Floyd has simply just been relaxing his body to not over train or extend himself to the point of injury to make sure he is 100% ready physically and technically.

Pacman meanwhile is keeping busy against righties. Maybe Floyd now sees an opportunity to prepare himself vs a lefty who is considered a top fighter, young, hungry and with a title to vault himself back up into position in the public's eyes. Ortiz is no Pacman. But he is young, fast, strong confident off of a big win and offers a belt in return.

Maybe Floyd realizes the time is now? I hope so. I hope this is leading to a shutout of Ortiz for a title and a win for Pacman to setup a unification where both are considered champions. Maybe Floyd's pride won't let him go into a fight with Pacman being looked at as "the challenger" without a title.

Either way, as Floyd and his camp knows, Boxing once again is shaken when he makes his "returns" as indication that Boxing needs him to step up.

And boxing does. Seriously.

...stay the fuuck out of mannys and martinez way and protect that 0 because thats all he has, and a longer vacation.

Comment

He knows to go after Maidanas leftover Marquez!

Comment

Originally posted by CUNG LE View Post
        He knows to go after Maidanas leftover Marquez!
        are you vegan101? LOL

Comment

Working...
        X