No announcement yet.

Calzaghe Diehard Stans, Come In Here. *Dawson Related*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
    I'm really not sure Woods would beat Jones hey. Clinton is a pretty average fighter. Roy can't throw combos anymore but I still think he would probably manage to outpoint Woods. Not saying it is a certainty, I just wouldn't be confident predicting Woods to win that one.
    Thus putting Roy "back on top" according to that clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
      That's actually true. If there is way you could get into the ring ratings shortly before the Calzaghe fight, check it out and you will see Jones rated at number 10. The edition came out in the summer of last year.
      So you're maintaining that Jones was ranked 10th pre-Calzaghe and now 6th post-Calzaghe.

Im done here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Yeah, I don't understand but don't bother explaining. I missed like 12 pages of this thread and I can't be fuked going back and reading them. Woods is ordinary, that is all I am saying.

Comment

We can do wishful thinking all we want, but the fight never happened. I don't imagine things, i say what actually happened. Woods lost to Tarver and Antonio lost to Dawson. Also, you still haven't told me a good fighter Jones beat in the last few years? (Watch you not respond....again)

Comment

Weakest division in boxing right now? I doubt it. 154 is weaker for sure and I would say 160 also.
            Seriously RJJ has been shot for YEARS, Tarvers claim to fame is beating a Shot RJJ and Johnson utterly failed in the weak SMW division completely before moving up and dominateing LHW.

Calzaghe is old and can't punch anymore, Hopkins is 43 and lost to Taylor twice and has dominated everyone at LHW.

The 4 champs are Dawson who beat tarver and Johnson (see above), Erdei who's never beaten anyone, Daiconu who nobodies ever heard of and Garay who lost twice to Erdei.

take out the old and senine 5 at the top and your left with Dawson and a bunch of nobodies

Light Heavyweight SUCKS!

Comment

Haha. Thanks bro. It seems nothing has really changed. The first big thread I walk into is the usual cats arguing about Joe.
              Hehe, believe it or not this hasn't been average the past few weeks.

There's not been many Calzaghe threads, and even then I've not gotten involved with many. Seems a few comments got me into this one though.

Haye, Margarito, Mosley, Klits, and others have dominated.

Comment

So you're maintaining that Jones was ranked 10th pre-Calzaghe and now 6th post-Calzaghe.

Im done here.
                Go and find the ratings. In fact if i didn't have to go to work shortly, i would take a picture or even scan the page to my computer. Jones was rated at 10 before he lost to Joe. The Joe fight must have gained him some recognition back or something. He didn't beat any light heavyweights in years. Hanshaw was a contender at super middleweight and Trinidad's last ranking was at middleweight and that was two years ago, BEFORE he was shut out by Winky,

Comment

• Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
                  Hehe, believe it or not this hasn't been average the past few weeks.

There's not been many Calzaghe threads, and even then I've not gotten involved with many. Seems a few comments got me into this one though.

Haye, Margarito, Mosley, Klits, and others have dominated.
                  Bz got banned, so no Calzaghe threads.

Not sure why, I thought he was pretty amusing generally.

Comment

• Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                    We can do wishful thinking all we want, but the fight never happened. I don't imagine things, i say what actually happened. Woods lost to Tarver and Antonio lost to Dawson. Also, you still haven't told me a good fighter Jones beat in the last few years? (Watch you not respond....again)
                    Actually you said Tarver n Johnson "would" both stop Jones again. I responded by saying Jones would stop Woods again. Thats how we ended up here.

I dont need to respond, you can look at Roys record to see who he has beat. Whether they are better or worse than the Mighty Woods is down to opinion.

He beat Clinton Woods 5 years ago but apparently if he did it today, he would be "on top" again.

Comment

• Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
                      Bz got banned, so no Calzaghe threads.

Not sure why, I thought he was pretty amusing generally.
                      I noticed that, anyone know why? I think he's actually not started an alt either, but I'm sure he'll be back.

Very passionate, perhaps too much so often arguing against Joe cos of his love for Roy and Nard, he actually has some good knowledge though. Just as stubborn and flexible as a diving board made out of iron.

Comment

Working...
                      X