Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Hasn't Mexico Challenge The US To An Outright Rivalry

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    Both places love boxing.
    Both places love boxing also in this instance. Mexico is down to get into it with any other Latin American nation (PR, Cuba, Argentina, etc)

Because it won't be a competition

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      Because it won't be a competition
      how so. I believe Mexico has more champs than any nation. Can't think of too many instances where an important fighter from Mexico was bested by an American

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        how so. I believe Mexico has more champs than any nation. Can't think of too many instances where an important fighter from Mexico was bested by an American
        Weight classes. Most elite Mexican fighters come from 140 and below, most elite American fighters are the opposite.

Comment

Um,

Canelo vs Mayweather

Junior Jones vs Barrera

Randall vs Chavez Sr

Whitaker vs Chavez Sr (though robbery)

Just to name a few.

Comment

Mexico doesn't wanna catch these hands.

Comment

Thats what the Olympics are for

Comment

Both places love boxing also in this instance. Mexico is down to get into it with any other Latin American nation (PR, Cuba, Argentina, etc)
                Look up all the Mexican champions, then look up all the U.S. Champions of Mexican descent. Add the two together, and you will see, Mexicans have produced more champions. Add all the non Mexicans togeter, I guess they won't come close.

Prove me wrong.

Comment

They both only really cross path around the 135-147/154ish really, and it takes great fighters facing each other often to create a rivalry and that just doesn't happen to often between Mexico and the United States.

Thinking of Major fights between the two and its hard to come up with some.

Margarito vs Mosley
                  Canelo vs Mayweather

major fights between the two just dont happen enough on a consist basis to become a rivalry.

Comment

You need engaged fans for a real rivalry. You have the typical US fan who hardly follows the sport outside of a few big names as opposed to Mexican fight fans whose passion can possibly only be rivaled by the English.

Comment

Working...
                    X