Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Ruslan turn down the Rios Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Ruslan turn down the Rios Fight?

They both agreed to fight each other on twitter, but now Ruslan dont want no part of Rios? I wont say his scared but Rios is probably way too risky for him right now.

I refuse to believe Ruslan is scared of another fighter BUT I do believe they are having second thoughts about picking Rios as the NEXT immediate opponent after the tough fight he went thru with Alvarado. His last two fights have been physically taxing...

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
      I refuse to believe Ruslan is scared of another fighter BUT I do believe they are having second thoughts about picking Rios as the NEXT immediate opponent after the tough fight he went thru with Alvarado. His last two fights have been physically taxing...
      Yeah doubt he scared but Rios is just way too risky for him right now they know very well they can take an L and a beating and possibly even get stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexaAriza View Post
        Yeah doubt he scared but Rios is just way too risky for him right now they know very well they can take an L and a beating and possibly even get stopped.
        Yeah... that's what I think too. I think that as a team they do not think Rios would be a good move AT THIS MOMENT. But who knows... Hopefully this gets done because it would be a modern day Gatti-Ward with the possibility of a trilogy as well. What a matchup for real. Just thinking about how violent the fight would get.

Comment

He's not scared. All his team wants is the fight to be at 140 and VADA testing.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisTLD View Post
            and rios agreed to that

Comment

RIOS already AGREED to 140, Christopher!

Comment

I hope it happens. I just don't see many other options for Ruslan right now.

Comment

Like the few posters have said already Rios already agreed to the terms, Ruslan still turned it down.

Comment

i could see his eyes during the bradley fight.

those times when he was sucking for air he was also wondering : "omg, what if this was rios right now. hed be tearing my face up. good thing its bradleyy"

i imagined the same look on his face when the idea to actually fight rios was brought up!

ruslan knows he doesnt have the stamina for that, he needs to take his breaks and give away rounds with a bradley who was DONE. there for the taking.

but no, those rests. rios will pizzaface

Comment

Working...
                    X