Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAO Black peeps: Does it offend you when called as African-Anerican?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont care for being called African-American. I wasnt born in Africa I was born in the United States of America. Id rather you call me a black-american. Hell I cant even tell you the name of my ancestors who were born in africa my family has been here so long.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
      Are you offended if someone refers to you as black? Like I said before, I've never met a black person who referred to themselves as African American nor were they offended if someone called them black.
      To be honest, I'm not offended by that either.

I don't put much thought into it because I feel those people either don't know or they are just using the wording that someone told them to use when describing blacks (african american's etc).

As long as someone isn't being blatantly disrespectful with their terms.......I really could care less.

Not sure if this answers your question tho.......

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
        in a lot of places outside america, blacks are still called negros.
        negros is just how you say black in spanish.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
          I dont care for being called African-American. I wasnt born in Africa I was born in the United States of America. Id rather you call me a black-american. Hell I cant even tell you the name of my ancestors who were born in africa my family has been here so long.
          :qqq: I was thinking that. Most black Americans never even set foot on any African soil at all. Not know anyone who has...Yet claim to be African American due to their skin color. lol I have a real good friend...who is WHITE...and from African. Now living in the states as a resident. Hes a African American. And white.

Comment

The term makes no sense, as most blacks in america cannot at all relate to Africa. I dont see the problem with "black" or "black-American"

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
              Originally posted by Brother Khalid View Post
              To be honest, I'm not offended by that either.

I don't put much thought into it because I feel those people either don't know or they are just using the wording that someone told them to use when describing blacks (african american's etc).

As long as someone isn't being blatantly disrespectful with their terms.......I really could care less.

Not sure if this answers your question tho.......
              Thanks. Now I know it's safer to say black American.

Comment

Working...
              X