No announcement yet.

UFC 99:The Comeback Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 99:The Comeback Discussion

UFC 99: The Comeback is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on June 13, 2009 in Cologne, Germany. It will be the first UFC event ever held in Germany, as well as the first in mainland Europe (events have previously been held in both the U.K. and Ireland).

Fights
    Main Card
    Catchweight (195 lb) bout: Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva
    Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Cain Velasquez
    Welterweight bout: Mike Swick vs. Ben Saunders
    Welterweight bout: Marcus Davis vs. Dan Hardy
    Lightweight bout: Spencer Fisher vs. Caol Uno
    Heavyweight bout: Mostapha Al-turk vs. Mirko Filipović

Preliminary Card
    Lightweight bout: Terry Etim vs. Justin Buchholz
    Lightweight bout: Dennis Siver vs. Dale Hartt
    Welterweight bout: Paul Taylor vs. Peter Sobotta
    Lightweight bout: Paul Kelly vs. Rolando Delgado
    Heavyweight bout: Denis Stojnic vs. Stefan Struve
    Welterweight bout: John Hathaway vs. Rick Story

UFC 99 Weigh-ins

Dana White UFC 99 Video Blog - 6/11/09 Part 1

Dana White UFC 99 Video Blog - 6/11/09 Part 2

UFC 99 Countdown

Dana White UFC 99 Video Blog - 6/8/09

Davis vs Hardy Preview

Last edited by jakkups; 06-13-2009, 12:22 PM.

i think the silva/franklin fight is going to good. here one of two ways i see it going........franklin picks apart silva in the standup and wins decision
    .........or possibly silva catches rich and ko's him then gets on the microphone with joe rogan and calls out anderson silva.

i watched the video
    what the f is dan hardys problem? he must be real jealous to be acting like that or he is just trying to hype up the fight...either way he being an *******. i think is will be an exciting fight and hope davis shuts his mouth and ko's him.

Comment

Hopefully Davis knocks Hardy out.

Comment

I really hope that Wanderlei has a great showing. I miss watching the old Wanderlei.

Comment

This **** card should be free on S pikeTV.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
            I really hope that Wanderlei has a great showing. I miss watching the old Wanderlei.
            People get it twisted and think Wanderlei is finished. I think he has some gas left in the tank and if he beats Ace then he's ready for the MW division. Rich is no pushover tho but I got points on Wanderlei if anyone wants to bet

I also got points on Spencer Fisher

The main card is loaded the undercard is trash

Comment

garbage card

Comment

Oh and I gotta add that Joe Rogan sounded like an idiot, first off Akihiro Gono beat Hardy in that fight, even the brits were saying it. And second Rory Markhem is no where near a bigger challenged then Gono, the guy was beaten by cans in the nobody filled IFL

Comment

Al Turk is perfect for Mirko's comeback

Comment

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic returns; UFC officially announces UFC 99 bout with Mostapha Al-Turk

As expected following recent comments by the heavyweight fighter, Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (24-6-2 MMA, 1-2 UFC) will return to the UFC and fight Mostapha Al-Turk (6-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at next weekend's UFC 99 event, the UFC today announced.

Filipovic, who replaces UFC newcomer Todd Duffee on the card, returns to the UFC after a three-fight stint in Japan.

The Filipovic vs. Al-Turk match-up has been added to the televised main card, which as of Monday morning, now features six televised bouts (rather than the usual five).

UFC 99 takes place June 13 at the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany. The pay-per-view show, which is the UFC's first event in Germany, features a main event of Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva at a catch-weight of 195 pounds.

Filipovic, once considered one of the world's top two or three heavyweights, left the UFC following back-to-back losses to Gabriel Gonzaga and Cheick Kongo. In March 2008, he defeated an over-matched Tatsuya Mizuno via 56-second TKO at DREAM.1. Six months later he fought rival Alistair Overeem at DREAM.6. Overeem controlled the fight, but the bout was ruled a no-contest when he delivered an illegal knee to Filipovic's groin.

Three months later, in his most recent bout, Filipovic defeated 7-foot-2 kickboxer Hong Man Choi via first-round TKO.

Last month the Croatian fighter announced he was returning to the UFC following the year-long stint in Japan.

He'll now face Al-Turk, a Cage Rage veteran who suffered a first-round TKO loss to Kongo during his octagon debut at UFC 92. Prior to the loss, Al-Turk went 6-1 with six first-round stoppages to earn a UFC contract.

The full UFC 99 card now includes:

MAIN CARD (televised)

* Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva
                    * Cheick Kongo vs. Cain Velasquez
                    * Ben Saunders vs. Mike Swick
                    * Marcus Davis vs. Dan Hardy
                    * Spencer Fisher vs. Caol Uno
                    * Mustapha al Turk vs. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic

PRELIMINARY CARD (un-televised)

* Justin Buchholz vs. Terry Etim
                    * Dale Hartt vs. Denis Siver
                    * Peter Sobotta vs. Paul Taylor