Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could you see any circumstances under which female boxing may become popular?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely not.

MMA has had star attractions in Carano who was hella attractive and a decent fighter and now Rousey who was good at judo and a loud personality. In UFC it's been able to work.

Boxing has never had a big attraction in a women's division, nor has it ever drew any attention or interest.

Comment

Not for me, but I enjoy some female MMA, for the sexual imagination/imagery.

Comment

christy martin/laila ali is as big as it was ever gonna get. maybe if they fought topless like the men do, it could be a big deal.

Comment

Cecilia Brækhus is P4P the best female boxer in the world. Undefeated (27-0) and makes it look easy no matter who she fights. If she was American and had an exciting style I'd say she could easily be hyped in media and become a huge star. Great boxing skills and she's pretty.

Comment

When they let 147lb women box 147lb men.

Cept then it won't be female boxing; it'll just be boxing.

Comment

real shame that female boxing doesn't get more attention. it's more exciting than male boxing sometimes. hopefully it gets mroe coverage.

Comment

I hope not. The last thing I want to see is a PPV card stacked with Woman's boxing on the undercard. That would dilute the quality of the product to no end.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                  real shame that female boxing doesn't get more attention. it's more exciting than male boxing sometimes. hopefully it gets mroe coverage.
                  it only seems more exciting because most of them aren't very skilled and have poor defense. if you have 2 fighters that have minimal or no defense, every fight is gonna look like gatti vs ward

Comment

I think they missed the boat, clarrissa sheilds and marlene esparza should have went pro but I understand why they stayed amatuer alot more money for them their than in the pros.

and one thing that really hurts boxing is their is no cute bitchies in boxing (their are okay ones but no real stand outs or damn bitchies) and their is nothing sexy for teh females to wear they basically look like men in their outfit with the exception of the bra

Comment

That uppercut doe.

She's not getting up, Jim!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X