No announcement yet.

Current Wladimir vs the Best Version of Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    exactly. nevermind that tyson and arreola comparison, that's just ridiculous, wlad and his brother aren't similar stylistically. comparison makes no sense.

as far as the question, it could go one of two ways, wlad gets ktfo early, or he frustrates the hell out of mike and squeezes out a an sd.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Wladimir Klitschko is better than Buster Douglas. Better than Kevin McBride and Danny Williams too.

Mike Tyson is very overrated.

this whole post = WTF KINDA CRACK IS YOU SMOKIN?!?!

this is laughable at best. roflmao...

Comment

Wladimir Klitschko is better than Buster Douglas. Better than Kevin McBride and Danny Williams too.

I think you misread the question. He asked, "What if Tyson was at his best ...." Tyson was definitely NOT at his best against McBride and Williams. The only one that may be disputable was against Douglas but some say he wasn't for that fight either BUT I give Buster full credit as Tyson was still a threat and could have changed it around at any moment. Either case, that version of Buster would have given anyone trouble.

While I do agree that Tyson is somewhat overrated by some on these forums, when he was regarded as "the best", fighters were scared of him. A scared Wladimir would spell trouble. Even if you say he wouldn't be scared ..... Wladimir would fight very tentative and then eventually get KOed. Actually, being tentative would be his only option because if Wladimir would open up, Tyson would win by KO early on in the fight.

Wladimir's only chance is that his height, reach, jab and holding would be enough to frustrate Tyson like some other smaller fighters.

but "the best version" of Tyson would be much more athletic and bring so much more to the table than anyone that Wladimir has ever faced that I do not see Wladimir winning. The only way this would last 12 rounds is if Wladimir goes and stays in survival mode for 12 rounds .... and that too would be tough.
        Last edited by ADP02; 11-17-2012, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Tyson lands one good shot, and its over. Wlad legs go week and he cant get them back. Tko tyson

Comment

Tyson is better than Sanders, Purity and Brewster.

Comment

People saying "IF" Tyson gets inside... we're talking the BEST version of Tyson.. of course he's going to get inside, maybe not all day, but shoot he'll get in there and if Wlad tries to hold.. you already know Mike will come with the uppercuts..

Comment

come on freedom, sometimes you post well but bringing up those guys is just silly. Tyson didn't train and was out getting drunk and banging hookers in the nights leading into the douglas fight ... the willams and Mcbride fights were him completely shot ... why not bring up Berbick in every ali thread, marciano in every louis thread or lebedev in every jones jnr thread? .... (eg I reckon Tommy Morrison beats prime ali because berbick beat ali. come on dude don't post **** like that if you want to be taken seriously)

I mean if you want to talk about those guys beating past it mike why not talk about mike beating a far less than past it holmes who is a million times better than anybody wlad every fought and possibly better than wlad himself?

I mean you say wlad is better than those guys and thats fair enough but is Tyson worse than brewster, puritty or sanders?? I can asure you the wlad that lost in all three of them was in far better shape than the tyson that lost in any of the three you mentioned.

These fights are about the two guys meeting at their best so we are talking about the wlad of the last couple of years versus the tyson of holmes/spinks. Not the tyson of mcbride in the same way as not the wlad of puritty.

eg talk about the tyson that fought spinks versus the wlad that fought haye
                Last edited by Daddy T; 11-17-2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Ummm Tyson would turn Wlad into jello.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    I've addressed similar topics several times over the years. Suffice it so say that I believe Mike Tyson, at his very best, was capable of beating any heavyweight that ever walked the face of the earth.
                    Exactly what I was going to write, even though I believe that for style, speed, power, superb defence and boxing brain, Jack Johnson was the best.

Comment

i think wlad would fold under tysons pressure, and tyson was a crafty bastard, he knew how to land

it might be tough on him landing on the 6'6 wlad early on, but eventually, so i'd favour mike

Comment

Working...
                      X