No announcement yet.

Dr.Dre HipHop Billionaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
    if you're living in a $20million mansion, with a load of other $10million condos/beach houses etc etc, driving lambos, royces, ferraris etc etc, i can guarantee you're no longer 'hood'. you couldn't give a flying **** about the hood and the people suffering in it. i can assure you of that lol
    Not trying to be racist but maybe it's a "black" thing to still portray that you're always from the hood?

Other black guys please chime in. Personally if I came from the streets and elevated myself to a certain stature I wouldn't be acting like how Tyrese is. But what the hell do I know, I lived in the suburbs my entire life. Well from age 10

Comment

Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
      It's all marketing brother. It's a fashion statement just like how every other product is that is backed behind a celebrity. I.E jordans, makeup, gucci etc
      I wholeheartedly agree with that one. It's all marketing & gimmicks.

Comment

Not trying to be racist but maybe it's a "black" thing to still portray that you're always from the hood?

Other black guys please chime in. Personally if I came from the streets and elevated myself to a certain stature I wouldn't be acting like how Tyrese is. But what the hell do I know, I lived in the suburbs my entire life. Well from age 10
        It's a cultural thing- not just among a lot of us black people but among many minorities in the states. It's a way to let your people know you haven't forgotten about them, but I do agree that at some point you gotta drop the craziness. People like Judge Mathis grew up rough as well but he doesn't run around saying a whole bunch of negative & stereotypical **** in videos and/or on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamMerchant12 View Post
          I wholeheartedly agree with that one. It's all marketing & gimmicks.
          My cousin got robbed for his beats, but then again he's a ret#rd.

You can spot these headphones EVERYWHERE and a mile away. My other cousin has a aqua blue one. In Toronto they're as popular as Canada Goose jackets but you're from Texas you don't know what winter is and be glad you don't.

Google Canada goose jackets

Comment

it's not a black thing, it's a rap thing. you're just as likely to hear rich puerto rican rappers who live in a giant mansion talking about their roots, when in reality, they couldn't give a **** about them.

Comment

It's a cultural thing- not just among a lot of us black people but among many minorities in the states. It's a way to let your people know you haven't forgotten about them, but I do agree that at some point you gotta drop the craziness. People like Judge Mathis grew up rough as well but he doesn't run around saying a whole bunch of negative & stereotypical **** in videos and/or on a regular basis.
              Good point. I didn't want to sound like a racist because my grand father was half black but we weren't raised in America. At the same time aren't there different ways to show that even though you came from poverty and made it out you're still the same person who had the same struggles as them? Makes no sense to me.

One of my black friends always wants to sit at the back of the damn bus, EVERY single time we take transit. F&ck is that about?

Edit. Why is it Us minorities always have to hate on each other and put down each other?

Comment

My cousin got robbed for his beats, but then again he's a ret#rd.

You can spot these headphones EVERYWHERE and a mile away. My other cousin has a aqua blue one. In Toronto they're as popular as Canada Goose jackets but you're from Texas you don't know what winter is and be glad you don't.

Google Canada goose jackets
                Damn those are expensive as all hell! I bet they keep you nice & warm though.

You definitely can spot them a mile away & it's crazy. They sound good but I know of headphones that cost less that sound much better than those, and some Behringer ones around that same price with better quality, but it all comes down to the name. I ain't gonna buy those & walk around with them over my head all day just so some random person can come along & rob them. More important things to spend money on than some headphones.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
                  if you're living in a $20million mansion, with a load of other $10million condos/beach houses etc etc, driving lambos, royces, ferraris etc etc, i can guarantee you're no longer 'hood'. you couldn't give a flying **** about the hood and the people suffering in it. i can assure you of that lol
                  Ummm, Does Aaron Hernandez ring a bell?

Comment

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
                    Ummm, Does Aaron Hernandez ring a bell?
                    i dont understand. the guy who killed his friend? what does that have to do with this? you're saying he was 'hood' because he killed a guy? so that's what being 'hood' is? lol

Comment

Damn those are expensive as all hell! I bet they keep you nice & warm though.

You definitely can spot them a mile away & it's crazy. They sound good but I know of headphones that cost less that sound much better than those, and some Behringer ones around that same price with better quality, but it all comes down to the name. I ain't gonna buy those & walk around with them over my head all day just so some random person can come along & rob them. More important things to spend money on than some headphones.
                      Expensive yes but I have one from many years ago when it was the new hotness. I paid $450 and yes they're warm. Be grateful you don't live on the east coat of the US or in Toronto. Worst winter in 25 years and it's not even that hot. Today was decent it was 20C, dunno what that is in F though as we're on the imperial system

Comment

Working...
                      X