No announcement yet.

Does DeGale owes money to Groves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does DeGale owes money to Groves?

During the press conference before the fight, James DeGale made a scene and announced that he would like to wage his salary for the fight against George Groves' salary for the fight, in a winner takes both fight salaries format. Its also important to note that James DeGale is the one who brought it up at the conference, and essentially initiated the bet.

So is James DeGale going to pay Groves the money?

Sorry, I like James DeGale, nothing personal.

But when a man instigates a wager like this, and doesn't pay up when he loses. That man is something of a "jackass".

This behaviour is childish from DeGale. Only small, stupid children make bets then dont pay up.

Like where I come from its extremely disrespectful to make a bet and not honour it.

Especially since it was James who initiated and pushed the bet. Had Groves lost and not paid, it would not be as bad, because Groves didn't instigate the bet.

DeGale brought the bet up, made the bet, then lost, and didnt pay up.

This is "dumbass" behaviour.

Comment

No, the BBoBC wouldn't allow it to go forward, luckily for DeGale.

Comment

Originally posted by iJohn Locke View Post
        No, the BBoBC wouldn't allow it to go forward, luckily for DeGale.
        We all know thats bull**** though.

A wager is a private function between two people. The BBBofC has no authority over a personal wager between two consenting adults.

Anyone who doesn't honour a bet (particularly when they instigate the bet) is a jackass. Plain and simple.

Comment

I am disappointed with DeGale's behaviour.

He should pay his loss on the bet to Groves.

DeGale said "straight after the fight, I want my money!" to Groves.

So since DeGale lost the bet, its only fair to payup to Groves.
          Last edited by Who are you?; 05-26-2011, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Adam Booth went running to the British Boxing Board of Control straight after that press conference to ensure that the bet was not allowed to go ahead and then smugly announced it to everyone, what a tosser. but THEN he starts making wisecrack comments about it straight after the fight. what an even bigger tosser!

Comment

Working...
            X