Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jayson Velez being thrown to the lions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Velez can outbox and beat PDL.............and will.

Comment

It just means he has bigger guts/balls than the majority of prospect boxers. Most people are scared to take risks while they're being groomed. That's one thing I have to give to some PR prospects lately, they're willing to go to the lions den unlike other prospects from other places...including some from Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
        .....Dulorme and Del Valle had a good chance of winning too.
        Those dudes had a lot of hype behind them, Velez has had to earn his respect one fight at a time, he has a different mindset. He can't count on the benefit of a favorable decision when the going gets tough like the others, he has to rely on 100% skill. In addition, PDL has lost to every undefeated prospect he has faced since 2008 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
          I hear that and respect it as a fan I want these kind of fights. But from a business standpoint its a gamble that may cost him.

Look at guys like Chavez Jr. Financially its almost better to go the B1tch route....and even the flag toters give him respect.
          You're one of the biggest ones on here and your agenda is clear as day. I know you don't like the Mexicans on here. I don't like the fanatical Ricans either, and you're one of them so you could say I don't like you.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Those dudes had a lot of hype behind them, Velez has had to earn his respect one fight at a time, he has a different mindset. He can't count on the benefit of a favorable decision when the going gets tough like the others, he has to rely on 100% skill. In addition, PDL has lost to every undefeated prospect he has faced since 2008 as well.
            That is true. I guess the reason many people were saying "exposed" was to rub it in the nationalistic fanatics' faces since they viewed Dulorme as the 2nd coming of Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
              That is true. I guess the reason many people were saying "exposed" was to rub it in the nationalistic fanatics' faces since they viewed Dulorme as the 2nd coming of Jesus.
              So you still refuse to believe in the Messiah Dulorme. So he lost, its not like Jesus didnt lose to Poncious Pilate and the people of Israel is it?

I have no doubt he outboxes the likes of Rios, Mathysse, Garcia and knocks out Amir Khan at 140.

Comment

He's being thrown to Ponce de Lion literally.

Comment

It just means he has bigger guts/balls than the majority of prospect boxers. Most people are scared to take risks while they're being groomed. That's one thing I have to give to some PR prospects lately, they're willing to go to the lions den unlike other prospects from other places...including some from Mexico.
                  AMEN!!! Exactly what I was thinking!!

Comment

I personally think its too early for this kid to take such a massive step up class. He should fight some better opposition and get some experience before going up against Ponce but props to him for being game who knows it might pay off though I think he gets ko'd

Comment

People can say they don't let stuff go to their heads but if you are constantly being told how good you are and how no one can touch you, there comes a point where you start to believe it.

When the reality hits that you have been carefully guided throughout your career to reach a certain point and the guy across the ring from you has had to sweat, bleed, and fight for every single thing he has accomplished in his career, you are like a deer caught in headlights....no where to run, no where to hide

Comment

Working...
                      X